Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Trickster
Senior Contributor

Nightmarish Connection

I've talked about my journey with my chronic Nightmares from PTSD AND CPTSD.

This morning I woke from another one tired and exhausted as usual but with a new connection about my traumas.

My Nightmares are pretty vivid and detailed, they tell a story in some instances, what I didn't realise is it had been snapshots of a larger stories each nightmare leading up to last night.

I keep getting stuck back at all the schools I went to in all these different times I went to sleep leading up to last.

I thought this was all about my insecurities about certain terms I missed at school due to illness and the trauma related to that being forced to repeat and a little bit maybe that too but further and further back was weird as this happened in teen years.

I'm finally forced back in my Nightmare at a school I don't want to be at told I have repeat all the years truama worse then illness included that's when I snap.

I wake up, my nightmares are bad but that was helpful, there more fear then I could have know, and I think there maybe action I can take and I might want to take as well.

I know this vague the details are just triggering and I want to write I don't recommend always listening to nightmares like this I have been actively trying to get rid of mine and still am because I am tired so please always take nightmares and dreams with many tablespoons of salt.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Nightmarish Connection

Hey there @Trickster ,

Hearing how hard this is for you.

I hope you find someone to talk through these experiences with you. I hear how these nightmares can be so real and really affect you.

Hope your day gets better.

@tymeI've just started with a new psychologist good vibes had my first session the other day, so Autism diagnosis will be underway hopefully, so tools for trauma so ingrained hopefully too.

In the mean time I've got study but I'll be self caring with cuddles and critical role tonight finally catching up.

How are you going @Trickster ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance