Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

Thanks for sharing you tip @Former-Member!

I do sometimes take time out for myself and doing chores. But the mind doesn't rest most of the time... Sigh.

@Susana ..... I decided to get acrylic nails. I had struggled all my life with nails that split into the nail bed ..... and tore ..... and caned while I washed and cooked and cleaned ..... caned ev n when I wasn’t doing anything. I paint and the white spirits were drying on them too.

So. Now I paint my beautiful nails beautiful colours and my hands don’t hurt incessantly. I can paint, and as long as I don’t soak my nails in white spirits, my nails survive it ..... looking like artist’s nails afterwards ..... lol ..... but there is integrity in that anyway ❣️

That was one gift I gave myself. When I can’t make any other difference I remember that I made that difference and hug it to myself ......

I also get a toner put through my hair with some regularity to take the brassy colour out of my grey hair that picks up “junk” colour from conditioning oils ...,, and paint probably ......

Rest for the mind was hard for me too @Susana still is at times. My faith made a difference on that count, some find yoga, meditation or activities that require full attention to be helpful.

My faith carries me ......

Distractions help a lot.

Keep busy with things that involve concentration ......

Hugs @Former-Member. Thinking of you too .....

💜

http://elishagoldstein.com/assets/183-pleasurable-activities-to-choose-from.pdf

Hi everyone ... I remember seeing this document a few years ago, thought I would share with you all. I know it's hard at times to take time out for ourselves but hopefully this list may give you some ideas of things that we can do for ourselves.

x

thank you for sharing @Bella1978 Heart will take a read

Yes, yoga - which combines physical exercise with meditation, can be helpful to reduce anxiety (& stress) @Former-Member

Two of my yoga teachers told me that they first started doing yoga because of major anxiety.

Indeed, it was my Psychologist who recommended that I do yoga (6 years ago) - I was sceptical at first...

I do my own daily meditations as well as 2 yoga classes each week.

Adge

Hi @Shaz51

Not many people were in that discussion, but still really good I think.

More relevant for me than last week's LE Topic Tues (I couldn't relate) - because I'm not on any antidepressant meds.

Adge

it was good @Adge , yes I thought of a few more carers but forgot to tag

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance