17-01-2017 10:08 AM
Good morning , love to hear all carers hints and tips to success you have found in you journey
1) i have found encouragement to very inportant to us and to the ones we love
2) Being Postive is another one , what a difference in my love one over the years because of having a postive enviroment
there will be still ups and downs in our lives and the lives of our love ones
so what have you found that has helped you and your love ones over the years
20-01-2017 11:25 AM
These are great tips @Shaz51! Thanks for starting this thread. Here's a couple of my own tips:
1.) Remember the person apart from the illness, don't let mental illness define them.
2.) Be kind to both YOU and your loved.
20-01-2017 11:43 AM
23-01-2017 07:59 PM
24-01-2017 02:03 AM
1) Self love is important. Think of yourself first. Have the outlets you need in those tough moments/days - be it talk to a friend or an activity you love
2) Patience and understanding.
3) Communication is important. This is probably a difficult one trying find the right moment and a cater to different situations. But explaining to your partner that unfortunately you can't read their mind and that you understand he has those tough moments and so it is a matter of communicating you are down and need to be alone or that you are around to listen.
25-01-2017 04:06 PM
I love this one written by our friend @utopia
Sometimes it's better to focus on things that we have some control over.
It's also good to spend time focusing on what makes us happy or content.
The more we focus on those things - the more we notice good things - the happier we are.
was a good topic tuesday last night , wish there were more topic tuesdays -- what do you think ?? and what should they be about my friends ??
If you need urgent assistance, see Need help now
For mental health information, guidance and referrals, see the SANE Help Centre
SANE Forums is published by SANE Australia with funding from the Australian Government Department of Health
SANE Australia ABN 92006533606
PO Box 226 South Melbourne 3205 Australia
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, events, and information.