Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Scream58
Senior Contributor

Freaking out

I have a Centrelink assessment tomorrow for DSP.  I'm totally freaking out.

6 REPLIES 6
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: Freaking out

Hey @Scream58  i don’t really have any useful thoughts for you, but do you have a support person to go along with you? 

id been keen to hear back from you as to how it went and what was involved.

I put in a claim back in April for dsp, I had a 5 min phone call with a psychologist in hmm September I think and then they approved it. I was told by my support worker that I’d need to have an assessment with a psychiatrist but I didn’t. I did provide a heck of a lot of support documentation though.

wishing you all the best!

Hey @Scream58 

From personal experience with Centrelink in the past, I know that frustration, disappointment, stress, and anxiety can play.

Having a plan in place to cope afterward (if things don't go right) can help!

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

Please continue to keep us updated.

Sending wishes for you @Scream58  that you don't freak out this morning and that everything goes well and you get granted the DSP... 🤞

Good luck!

Hey @Scream58 

How did you go? Do you want to talk about it?

I haven't been here for so long. Good news is my DSP was granted in Dec 2023. 

Hi @Scream58 

Very happy to hear that you're DSP has been approved, makes a nice change hearing that our system does work and that there are some caring people in it.  The approval must have put a smile on your face, so spread that smile around today.  All the very best  🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance