Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Living a Meaningful and Fulfilling Life with Schizophrenia// Tues 31st May, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

Hi @Former-Member and others. I actually don’t know of many people who do have schizophrenia which is sad yet kind of hard for me as besides the movie A Beautiful Mind, I don’t know of any real celebrities or other famous people that do have the condition. It’s like it’s hidden away in some regard and therefore, unless there’s negative media attention about it, schizophrenia doesn’t really get mentioned. I’d like to to believe that there are some people with the condition who are very talented and creative and who do achieve great things yet this is hard to come by when not many people come out and identify with the condition. I know stigma possibly has something to do with it, but still it would be great if schizophrenia was recognised as being okay as well. 

Judi9877

Re: Topic Tuesday// Living a Meaningful and Fulfilling Life with Schizophrenia// Tues 31st May, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST

As we wrap up tonight’s discussion, I would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who joined us this evening. You can find more information and continue the discussion here. To the wonderful @RiverSeal , thank you for joining us and sharing your knowledge and experiences so openly and generously.

To the incredible @Former-Member and others with us tonight; @maddison @Judi9877 @Elisena @StuF @Patchworks @Millielulu @A0ri021 @LW1969 @Eve7. With that, we’ll end our conversation, however it will still be here to read back over in future if you would like. Thanks again everyone and take good care!  

Thank You!

Thank you everyone for a great discussion and for contributing to the event! 😀
@maddison @Judi9877 @Elisena @StuF @Patchworks @Millielulu @A0ri021 @LW1969 @Eve7

Thank you so much to everyone who shared their thoughts and experiences, those who joined along reading, and @RiverSeal for your perspectives tonight. These conversations are so important and I'm so glad we created this space - this thread will be closed soon, but please do continue to share any more thoughts afterwards here 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance