Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

Hi @Jacques Sorry about not getting much for your car.

Hey   @Former-Member @Shaz51 

Getting healthy balances in relationships seems to be a fulltime job for everybody.

Heart

@Jacques
You haven't upset me at all. I am just not one for romantic nonsense.

Beginning relationships and being in long term relationships have many different qualities.

@Jacques Remember to look after yourself within your relationship. Sometimes partners do need to look at themselves as well as the pressure they put on a relationship.  I hope she looks after you when you are in crisis too.

Heart

hi @Appleblossom my virtual mum 🙂

yes, you are so right, relationships are very dynamic and change over time, i am so lucky to have a partner who communicates very well. we seem to be able to adapt to a long distance relationship and feel comfortable to bring up problems as they arise and talk them through.

yes @Appleblossom she is amazing, when i am in crisis she is always their for me, she offers me so much support and i do like wise. we both have a lot of baggage and we manage to work with it in our relationship well. even when she is struggling she still supports me. we have both made a promise to each other if either of us are not coping with supporting one another we would seek outside help, re why i come here to talk any problems through. 

i find your insights very helpful @Appleblossom you are such a wise woman. thank you for caring, your so special to me and i value your help.

hugs my friends.

Jacques

Dear @Jacques

Just glad that you are living a bit and hoping more joys will come to enliven you.

We have a similar situation in that my son's gf is very delicate and can be volatile but she also genuinely cares and makes that known.

Still, you need to protect yourself as well as her.

Heart

@Jacques
I hope I have not upset you either ...

hi @Former-Member, no you didn't upset me, i just wanted to make sure things where ok and i din't overstep any boundaries.

hi @Appleblossom, yes, it is really nice having a reason to live now, she is my world, and im enjoying the journey in all the ways it takes us, our relationship is dynamic enoug hto move with us and adjust to our needs and wants at any given time. 

yes, sometimes i do struggle to support her, but she has never taken advantage of me or my needs either, she is always caring and worrying about my mental wellbeing supporting her. so she is always pushing me to seek help when and if i need it. 

im glad i have met someone with the same mental health issues as myself, it really helps us both understand and comfort each other when we need it. 

im glad your son and his partner are going good together, and i hope things have improved between you and her. you are a wonderful person and a wonderful friend. i always value your advice 🙂

She was amazingy confrontational and shy all wrapped together. Totally out of whack with her position in the world, but my son and I also understand, and she has a lot of support from her father and sister.

She is evening those extremes out a bit. She recognises that we accept her pretty fully but that she should not push us outside of our comfort zones in our own home, when we are also supporting her in various ways ... its all a learning process, but I did need to say something to her father, but that was over a year ago. He said she realises that she is guest now.

Quick check in @Jacques

Hi my friend, going OK this week, very exhausted, I'm sleeping a lot
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance