Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Wow mum is fighting this all the way 😪😪

Ohh myyyy !!!!!!

Even my mum's sister is putting her foot down 

@moderator , @Rhye , @Paperdaisy , @tyme 

Evening @Shaz51,

I've just caught up with what's happening with your mum and it sounds like you're both going through so much right now. Making these kinds of decisions then following through can be incredibly challenging. How are you going with it all today? It's great you managed to get a few days break away, I hope you were able to recharge a little 💛

What’s happening sis @Shaz51 xxxx

Thank you @Sirius xxx

It is sooo hard as 

The doctor has put in for permanent care at the babinda hospital when it is available so mum is  staying in hospital until then

Mum is fighting to go back home but even her sister is saying no that she needs to stay in hospital @BlueBay , @Dimity , @Emelia8   @Determined 

It's very hard @Shaz51

Sitting with you.

Here with you @Shaz51, it's a hard path to be navigating and I genuinely feel for you. Your mum's reaction is a common one and understandable as they face losing their independence, but that doesn't make it any easier for you as you support her through this process 💜

Did you have a good weekend away?

Sitting with you @Shaz51 at this difficult time xxxxx

hugs lovely 

Ohh no @BlueBay , @Rhye , @Dimity ,  @Sirius , @Emelia8, @Jacques , @moderator , @Faith-and-Hope , @Adge 

Mum is going to take 3 weeks of Physio in a hospital that is 30 kms away because she believes she will go back home if she does

She has been given a final choice of taking Physio or staying in hospital until there is a bed available 

That's a worry @Shaz51 . Maybe it's just putting off the inevitable but meanwhile giving your mum time to adjust. In residential rehab she'll be monitored and assessed, and given physio sessions, but Dad was left to do set exercises like walking by himself a lot of the day, and if she's still in pain and not really mobile it's hard to see how she'll manage. 

I know it's hard not to worry  but she'll be looked after and it could be a reality check for her in a safe environment where you're off the hook. 

Thank you @Dimity  and sending you hugs my friend xx

Very true but still a bit worried but I know she will be in good hands 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance