Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Hello and thank you  @TuxedoCat 

We had this weekend away planned,  wondering weather to do it , we will not be too far away  and I know mum would want us to go 

Sending you lots of understanding hugs my friend xoxo 

The thread Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope ) is good one to remind ourselves 

I amm annoyed with my aunty ( mum's sister) who knows everything,  even spoke to the doctors before I knew anything 

@Shaz51.... I've got a feeling that whatever decision you made about the weekend away, you'd be double guessing yourself as to whether you'd done the right thing. I agree with what others have said, that you need to look after yourself, but I know from my own experience that it's not an easy decision. xxx

@Shaz51 

Thinking of you 🙏 

What ever you do this weekend I trust you can find some rest and recharge. Not easy at the moment I'm sure 🧡

Very very true @Smc  @Determined 

We are going today after work and seeing mum 

We will be back on Sunday xxxx

The doctor today has suggested to start the procedure for mum to stay at the hospital permanently

Oh I see @Shaz51 😔  Things seem to be moving quickly.  Have you got results back from the MRI yet?  Or did I miss hearing that?   Also,  how was your weekend away?  

Mri showed that she has a stomach aneurysm which was giving her lots of pain @Emelia8 , @Paperdaisy 

That's a big step @Shaz51 but maybe not so unexpected.  There'd be big emotions for all of you. Take your time, and trust the process and supports that are offered... the family dynamics are shifting gear and there'll be changes for all of you. Your mum may be angry, fearful, grieving but breathe through it, and don't take on shame or guilt when you're doing your best for her. You have the support of so many forum friends and your lovely mr shaz. Dad was in care for 5 years, getting help I couldn't have given (especially while working) but I visited and supported him throughout. 

Take care. Sending love and strength 

Dimity

Im

sorry @Shaz51 I wasn’t around for you. Your poor mum must be in a lot of pain. 

did you go away in the end? 

i understand how this is so difficult 

your mum is in good care 

loving hugs to you @Shaz51 

Hello my awesome sister @BlueBay 

Yes we did go away for 2 nights -- very nice and never long enough  xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance