Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I know it's a massive battle for you each day and night @Snowie ðŸ˜­

I've been there myself, often. 

I hope your SW appts will be regular and they won't leave you hanging each time. 

I know it's very hard, with your mother and her appts 😣

I think I will try to stay awake today as otherwise I won't sleep tonight. I have library books if I'm not too tired to read them. 

It is what it is @NatureLover 

Can't change anything.

I know you have been there before hon. 

I often think if my brother would step up if I wasn't here.

I guess I think a lot about that.

Hopefully the books help fill in your time hon.

Need to go to the gp now. Will be back on later and check in with you.

I know it is what it is 😥

I reckon your brother would have to step up. Or he would put her in a dementia ward maybe. Which may have to happen at some point anyway. 

Hope the GP goes OK 🤞

@Snowie 

@Snowie sorry to hear today has been hard. I hope having appointments with SW helps you in your recovery and GP appointment goes well. Sending you hugs 💖🫂

@creative_writer @NatureLover 

The gp was lovely. I didn't go into much detail but I think she could tell how I was from what I had done. 

How are you both going this afternoon?

That's lovely she was so nice @Snowie ðŸ™‚ I'm glad. 

I got up and put the bins out. Now lying down again. Got no energy. Might get up later and put the breadmaker on, and it can do the work for me. 

Are you resting after going out? 

She is a very caring gp @NatureLover I should probably trust her more. But that is a me issue, not her.

Bed sounds like the place you need to be today. I think we all need 'bed' days at times.

I haven't never had a bread maker. What sort of bread do you make?

Just on the couch now. I sort of did something so just resting now.

Hugs for the SH @Snowie and for feeling the need 🫂

I discovered that to make nice bread you need to buy the proper breadmaking flour from the supermarket. So I have a box of Crusty White flour and a box of Multigrain Soy & Linseed flour. 

The breadmaker stops at one point and beeps for you to add anything you like, like sesame seeds, poppy seeds, herbs, onion flakes, shredded parmesan cheese, etc. 

Is it tough to hear people speak about food when you have trouble eating? 

@Snowie sounds like you had a productive appointment. Sending you lots of hugs and love💖🫂. Are you up to much this afternoon to take care of yourself?

I’ve started a uni assignment, did some washing, had some lunch and made myself a cuppa with matcha. Overall a better day than yesterday, but have a lot to work through before I’m okay.

@NatureLover sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling so good. Sitting with you 💖🫂

That sounds like yummy bread @NatureLover The closest thing I make is Banana Bread!

I find it ok if the conversation is about food. I am around it a lot anyway. I have to cook for the family and go to the supermarket. I just don't have any appetite at all. I force myself to eat a little bit each day. I guess something is better than nothing.

Sounds like a productive day @creative_writer you should be proud of yourself. It does take a lot of work hon. We are here to help you through all of it.

Not up to much this afternoon. Dog asleep on my lap. Gee I wish I could sleep as easily as she does!

My brain just feels wired wrong at the moment. The need to do something outweighs everything else.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance