Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: What is the point of living a life like this?

Hey Alessandra1992

Yes you are right. I understand what you are saying. For me it is about taking on the problem and I am doing so. Today I am going to my first peer support group where I can share my experience with others and hopefully try and get through this rough patch and overcome the anxiety and dperession.Smiley Happy

Thanks for your answer.

How did your peer support group go today?

Hey @Troubled_One, hoping your first group session wasn't too overwhelming..it can be very scary meeting new people...I always remind myself anxiety was something I grew into, and that it was there to teach me something..it has taught me a lot in hindsight..that my inner control freak isn't helpful at times, that my life needed change and it takes time for change 🙂
Wishing you a peaceful evening..

Hey @Baboo and @Alessandra1992

Yes it was very scary meeting new people and overwhelming. I was able to sit through the whole meeting and got my story out to the group. Hoping to make it next week and to continue on with the group.Smiley Happy

That's a great act of courage you have made there @Troubled_One and high fives to you for trying something new!
Sounds as though you are keen to go back, which makes me think it was a warm and welcoming group! Stay in touch and please keep us updated as to how next week goes!

Hey @Troubled_One 

That is such good news, well done you - and thanks for sharing. It takes a lot of courage to share in a new group. I hope this works out really well for you - certainly a promising startWoman Happy.

Kind regards, 

Kristin

@Alessandra1992  and @kristin 

Yes thanks I will keep you posted about how my groups go in the future.Smiley Happy

Hey How You Going , Great You went To A Meeting , Its Was The Best Thing I Did Through My Times Of Trouble, Knowing Youre Surounded By Like Minded People , Theat Are Not going To Judge You In any Way Is One Less Thing To worry About , Bring The Anxiety Down A Notch Which Is Always good Smiley Happy

Just A question are Youre A sporty Kinda Person ,Like  Excercise Etc ? , If Not Give It a crack , Even A Nice Long walk On The Beach , Or Anywhere Really , Its Gets You Out In a Social enviroment , Fresh Air , Gets You Fit , And Remember Healthy Body Healthy Mind , Let Me Know 

Cheers Jimmy Perth wa 

Hi,

So I did not get notified of this post I think.

I am sporty and like exercise but my left knee has damage to it.

I hope the original poster @Slybaby still has hope in this thread and sorry if you felt ignored in this thread. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance