Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Yennifer
New Contributor

Broken

hi. I’ve been trying to look for a mental health professional that can help me but all of them cost money and I just don’t have that atm. 
over the last 18 months, I’ve had the biggest roller coaster ride of my life. 
my family (2 children and their dad) and I, had to move down to my mum and dads place and leave everything because. We had someone come into our home, claiming she was a DV victim and the stole possessions and put money and left us. It was so traumatising to witness it. 
so coming here was supposed to be a fresh start, which it is except my partner of 13 years broke up with me. The stress of everything got to much and ruined our relationship. 
I feel so broken. I try so hard to hold it together. Especially when I’m around my kids. 
im such a happy person and hate feeling like this. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Broken

Hi there @Yennifer 

Have you called a helpline to see if they have any referral info for free services they could refer on to? Beyond Blue often has a database of services, just as a place to start.

We hope that you find the forums a great place to connect with other members, share stories and ideas, and find the support and connection you deserve.

Feel free to Introduce yourself here if you haven’t already!

We look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Re: Broken

Hi @Yennifer 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story with us.  It takes a lot of courage to share whats happening in your life and leaving yourself so vulnerable.

So sorry to hear about what has happened, it all sounds so messed up.  Relationships always seem to be the first casualties of trauma, and sorry to hear about yours, is there any chance that it can be resurrected.  Am hoping that your parents can provide the love and nurturing that you really need right now as you rebuild your life.

Establishing your new life will be hard, but having those lovely kids of yours should be motivation in itself.  All the very best on this new journey of yours.........Asgard

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance