Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

SidStoreman
Casual Contributor

Older age BPD

A dear friend of mine has been trying to find a forum to share her experiences with BPD. The only ones she's found have shunned her because of her age (64). Any ideas?. I know there are forum's on Facebook but she doesn't want to join FB.

5 REPLIES 5
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Older age BPD

@SidStoreman

There are plenty of older people here on the Sane forums and your friend would be most welcome.  Do they care for someone with BPD or do they have a lived experience with it?

She has been living with BPD for approximately 10 years. I have been trying to care for her that amount of time.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@SidStoreman

If you look in the search bar for borderline or bpd you will find others that care for people with bpd.  

Have you got any support for yourself?

I have had bp2 since my teens but was only "diagnosed" when I was 59. I actually worked it out from some of the education we had been getting in hosp and had to convince the psychiatrist! Now I am 63 - I don't actually feel like an older person, just me. Would be happy to chat on here with your friend

Hey @SidStoreman

I was just passing by and thought I'd check in to see how your friend is going in connecting with some support?

As @Former-Member and @Wattle3 mentioned, you might like to encourage them to try out the SANE Forums. We have a number of members in their 60's who have an expereince of BPD. Our Lived Experience section is specifically for people living with a mental illness and might be a good resource for your friend to try 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance