Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hi @tyme,

My daughter is returning for half a day of school tomorrow and I am feeling nervous. I know we need to get back to normal eventually, but this will be the first time she isn’t in my care… I’m worried about her. We have an appointment with her psychologist the following day, so we can debrief about school and talk about if she’s mentally ready for more than half a day. 

I wonder, will this worry ever go away?

When will I feel confident leaving her in the grocery isle looking at shampoo and conditioner, knowing paracetamol is meters away. When will I feel confident having knives in the kitchen drawers again. When will I feel confident enough to scold her if she’s making poor choices or being disrespectful.

I feel like I’m constantly walking on eggshells in fear something will upset her. I grieve life before the suicide attempt, yet without the suicide attempt, would I ever have noticed just how bad she was getting? 

I went to suicide awareness training about 6 months ago through my work. I had no idea the state she was in.. I didn’t see the signs until it was too late. And now when I think of them, I hate myself. So many whys, so many if onlys.

Tyme - what is your story? How did you end up here on these forums?

TGKC

First time chronic anxiety 2022 bipolar 2006 cptsd / complex trauma 2020 and physical disabilities from a old workplace injury 2009. 

Symptoms and triggers overwhelming 

Hey there @MedicinalGypsy ,

Is this about you or a loved one?

It sounds like a lot to cope with either way. 

Are there any current supports in place?

These forums provide peer-to-peer support which helps us to see that we are not alone.

I've also had my fair share of MH challenges. Yet peer support was one of the greatest aspects of my recovery. 

I hope to hear from you soon!

This is about me, my husband who we have just taking time out he also has ptsd and he's a guardian for his disabled adult son who has physically and mentally disabled  

• Life is feeling tough hubby has copd as well we both struggling no supports really we are trying to connect 

Thank you for sharing and connecting 🙏

It sounds like a lot @MedicinalGypsy 

We are glad you have been able to reach out. Have you heard of SANE guided service? This offers a free 1:1 counselling service. You can check you eligibility here https://www.sane.org/referral

I'll also tag in other members who may be able to share their insights:

@Shaz51 @Oaktree @Anastasia @LilMapleLeaf @PinkFlamingo @Blackbird11 @Asgard @Tilz @MermaidHair 

Thanks you I've registered 🙏

Hello @MedicinalGypsy 

I'm so glad you have reached out here, it seems you have a lot going on. We're here for you ❤️ 

Use the @ Symbol to highlight a members name and they will be sent notification.

Thanks for the tag @tyme 

@tyme  thank you 

@Blackbird 11 thanks you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance