Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Childhood schizophrenia

That's amazing! I'm so glad you found a psychiatrist who listens and digs a bit deeper (an unfortunate rarity). It can really change the trajectory of someone's life. And thank goodness she does private practice - especially as he transitions from CAMHS to the trauma-oblivious adult system.

I 100% agree with what you said about the alcohol use. One thing at a time.

I haven't read any of your other posts but you seem to have figured things out very quickly. Keep doing what you're doing and never stop being that meddlesome mother. And congrats on returning to study!

My family is 25 years into our journey through the mental health system (public). I don't have many good things to say about the system so I'll leave it there for now. Stories such as yours and @-Mumma- 's really resonate with me because I think my family members would have fared a lot better if they received the right help in those early stages. 

Re: Childhood schizophrenia

@-Mumma-  how are you  and your family tracking?  How is your boy?  Thinking of you all. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance