Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Motherheart
New Contributor

Antisocial personality disorder

Looking for anyone who has experienced antisocial personality disorder with a loved one, or struggles themselves with it. I seriously see aspects of this in my ADHD daughter age 22 and would love some thoughts/advice on coping and hearing your experience. Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Antisocial personality disorder

Hi @Motherheart , welcome. 

My partner has STPD with anti social tendencies. It is difficult. His therapist has told him his homework is to go out and be social, join groups and interact with people. He has taken some time to act on this. He has also been told to see a Speech Pathologist to help with appropriate social interactions. 

Honesty and respect are values that are very important to me and it rubs against my grain with how my daughter behaves. It pushes my buttons and is so hurtful to me as she does not respect boundaries. Since a young girl she has taken money from me, taken what she wants without asking. This month I have had to cancel my bank card because she has been using it. She wants my help, but then thinks she can heal herself. Ooh so much more, not sure how much longer I can keep trying. There is so much I don’t share with others because of fear of judgment, pity 

I definitely can relate to you. The endless circles of conversations and the relentless change of view is hard to manage daily. I hear you and it's hard. Sending a virtual hug. I hope you have a therapist you can talk to openly, it certainly helps me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance