Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Annp
New Contributor

Annp

Hi everyone l have just joined this forum and lm looking forward to speaking with people who are struggling to support a loved one. I have a daughter with bpd ptsd major depression and anxiety 

3 REPLIES 3
Whitehawk
Senior Contributor

Re: Annp

Hi @Annp 

Welcome to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about your situation.   I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection. I'm the moderator on duty right now.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

Take care.

Whitehawk

Louise04
New Contributor

Hi Anna,
My teen daughter has been recently and still in process of same diagnosis of complex PTSD and bipolar and BPD with depression, anxiety and other symptoms. I am very much struggling to support her . I am a single parent. O wish there was more easily available help that is affordable for our kids and groups. Also for us parents, we need to support each other . I find it difficult to find face to face groups for our kids or parents .
This has taken a toll on my own MH and I am always exhausted, can only work part time and feel as though I am not doing a good enough job at all aspects of life. Everything now revolves around keeping my daughter safe.
You are not alone. So many of us out here.
Thanks for sharing
Annp
New Contributor

Thanks for your response Louise 04 it certainly is a hard road and there are no support groups around here to express how you are feeling and ask advice on what you should or shouldn't do when the person is in crisis. My daughter flew into a rage recently and as usual l was the target even though l am her no1 support and bend over backwards for her. She said some terrible things to me with such venom and l know l shouldn't take it personally because she is the hardest on herself after these moments. I have not t contacted her for two days as l feel it's up to her to be accountable for her behaviour but worry that she will spiral further.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance