Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // "You don't have to be isolated as a carer" // Tues 26th October, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

Hi Forums Community, 

This fortnight we are joined by one of our Peer Ambassador's talking about moving from isolation to connection as a carer. 

You don't have to be isolated as a carer TT.png

Isolation as a carer is one of the big challenges we hear about on the Friends, Family and Carers Forum. Often others around carers may not understand what they are going through, which is where finding peers and peer support can be pivotal for so many. 

This discussion will talk about the role of peer support in connecting carers and creating supportive relationships. We will also talk about the isolation and challenges experienced by carers in regional, rural and remote areas, and the additional challenges faced during the Covid-19 Pandemic. 

Please join us here on Tuesday 26th October 2021 from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEDT to talk about finding connection and peer support as a carer. 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

115 REPLIES 115

Re: Topic Tuesday // "You don't have to be isolated as a carer" // Tues 26th October, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

Hi there forums community! 

We are about to start Topic Tuesday in 25 minutes. Tagging all those who supported this discussion @Fhr @Mumma_of4 @Sophia1 @BPDSurvivor @Poppyfriend543 @Jacqui297 @Rhye @Sharana @Shaz51 @Talhia @Clawde @cloudcore @Trojan252 

Hope to see you there! 

Re: Topic Tuesday // "You don't have to be isolated as a carer" // Tues 26th October, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

Hi all from WA

Hi there everyone, the SANE Forums run a fortnightly live discussion and tonight we are joined by the amazing @SA64 to talk about the topic "You don't have to be isolated as a carer" 

Tagging all those online in case you would like to stop by 🙂 We start in 5 minutes!

@051012 @ArtistZ @BlueBay @Clawde @Emelia8 @Fluttershy1 @Jacqui297 @StuF @frog 

Welcome @SA64 🙂 Great to have you here!

Hello everyone and a warm welcome to Tonight's Topic Tuesday discussion! 

Before we get started, I would love to hear from you - What are you most interested to speak with @SA64 about tonight?

@SA64 Can you share with us a little bit about you, your experience as a carer and why you are joining us here on the forums tonight?

I’ve been a carer for a couple decades, and it’s just part of who I am now.  I am here tonight because I want others to know they are not alone and that we are on our own journey, side by side with those we care for.

"I am here tonight because I want others to know they are not alone and that we are on our own journey, side by side with those we care for." @SA64 I really love this, and I think that something so many people here on the Friends, Family and Carers forum can relate to Heart 

Hi to all Smiley Happy

I'm a peer support worker here at SANE and I'm very excited to be taking part in my first Topic Tuesday! Really looking forward to hearing from @SA64 and other members about their journey as a carer.

A little about me: I was a carer for 3 years for a family member with dementia who also suffered as a result from depression, anxiety and confusion. It was tough at times and the loneliness was tricky to navigate. Keen to hear from others who have navigated the same path and to share my experiences Smiley Happy

We will make a start with our first question 🙂 

Question 1 for @SA64 and the Community: What are the biggest challenges you experience as a carer?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance