Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

BPDSurvivor
Community Guide

LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

Dear Friends, Family, Carers, and Loved Ones affected by BPD,

A very warm welcome to a LIVE CHAT right here on Sunday 3rd October 2021 7:00pm-8:30pm to discuss some of the challenges you face as you interact with someone with BPD.

A diagnosis of BPD raises many questions.

As someone with lived experience of BPD, I'd like to:

1. Share some of the things that have worked for me

2. Share some of the things that have proved more harm than good (even though it was done with all good intentions)

3. Answer any questions you may have

4. Share BPD resources

Live Chat.jpg

In the meantime, if you have any questions surrounding BPD, you can post it here so we can endeavour to answer it on the night.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

@BlueBay @Andrab @Judi9877 @WIP @Nells @Shaz51 @Aniela @JJ4 @vashi @BPDrose @Luca33 @Sarah_850 @Olliesmum @asdfge @SunflowerMe @magical_journey @Tbo @sarvan @Snoopy56 @Ellan @sanity41 @Laylah @Flossy92 @Bow @BPDSurvivor @Jacaranda84 @LouisianaM @Andrab @Theodora @Et68 @26aqua @LostAngel @Healing_Journey @TG1108 @BPDCarer1 @DJ228 @Name84 @TomRiddle32 @Dec @PAX1741 @Netty78 @PlantLover @Hannahbanana98 @Kaitlynjade97 @LearningWaters @Janis_J @Hombre @Meggle @TideisTurning @Daisydreamer @cloudcore @Evanthia @Zoe7 @HenryX @ShiningStar @The-Hams @outlander @Determined @Appleblossom @Clawde @Sam3 

@Faith-and-Hope @LostAngel @Sphinxly @Emelia8 @TAB @Smallsupporter 

62 REPLIES 62

Re: LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

good afternoon @BPDSurvivor Heart

not sure if your tagging worked but I will tag a reminder and add a few more members 

@Astrid4@LPKB@Alianore@Smallsupporter@Donna63 who may have some questions xx

and a reminder to @BlueBay@Luca33@Andrab@Judi9877@WIP@Nells@Aniela@JJ4@vashi@BPDrose@Sarah_850@Olliesmum@asdfge@SunflowerMe@magical_journey@Tbo@sarvan@Snoopy56@Ellan@sanity41@Laylah@Flossy92@Bow@Jacaranda84@LouisianaM@Theodora@Et68@26aqua@LostAngel@Healing_Journey@TG1108@BPDCarer1@DJ228@Name84@TomRiddle32@LearningWaters@Owlunar , @Former-Member , @Netty78@Oaktree@PlantLover@Kaitlynjade97 , @Hannahbanana98 , @Janis_J . @Hombre , @Determined , @Appleblossom , @Emelia8 , @Sam3 , @Clawde , @Former-Member , @HenryX , @ShiningStar , @outlander , @TideisTurning , @Daisydreamer , @cloudcore , @Zoe7 , @Flying_Hams , @Faith-and-Hope , @Sphinxly 

Re: LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

And a few more friends I've missed, please see the messages above. I hope the tagging works this time! Hope to see you at 7:00pm 🙂

@jem80 @NatureLover @bipolarbunny @Anastasia @AussieRecharger @Fizz @wellwellwellnez 

BPDSurvivor

hello @MarkTyson@Lilly6 Heart

ready for tonight xx

@BPDSurvivor 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for joining us tonight during BPD Awareness Week 2021!

This is a great opportunity to connect and share experiences with each other surrounding your interactions with someone diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).

As carers, family members and loved ones of someone with BPD (or perhaps you, yourself, have BPD), I know for a fact that life can get very challenging. Many term it ‘Walking on Eggshells’. That is, you never know what is going to ‘set-off’ one’s BPD!

Question 1

What are some experiences you’ve encountered with someone with BPD?

@BlueBay @Andrab @Judi9877 @WIP @Nells @Aniela @JJ4 @vashi @BPDrose @Luca33 @Sarah_850 @Olliesmum @asdfge @SunflowerMe @magical_journey @Tbo @sarvan @Snoopy56 @Ellan @sanity41 @Laylah @Flossy92 @Bow @Jacaranda84 @LouisianaM @Theodora @Et68 @26aqua @LostAngel @Healing_Journey @TG1108 @BPDCarer1 @DJ228 @Name84 @TomRiddle32 @Dec @PAX1741 @Netty78 @PlantLover @Hannahbanana98 @Kaitlynjade97 @LearningWaters @Janis_J @Hombre @Meggle @TideisTurning @Daisydreamer @cloudcore @Evanthia @Zoe7 @HenryX @ShiningStar @The-Hams @outlander @Determined @Appleblossom @Clawde  @Faith-and-Hope @Sphinxly @Emelia8 @TAB @Smallsupporter @Dimity @Sam3 @Smc @MarkTyson @Lilly6 @jem80 @NatureLover @bipolarbunny @Anastasia @AussieRecharger @Fizz @wellwellwellnez @Shaz51 

Hi @Bow @Flying_Hams @BlueBay @Bill16 @Meowmy ! 

You're welcome to join us over here Smiley Happy

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

It’s so lovely to hear from you Heart

Thank you so much for inviting me to participate in this special event - it sounds incredibly interesting Heart

Although I don’t live with Borderline Personality Disorder, I would love to strengthen my understanding about this particular mental health condition and so I’ll definitely join you!

I look forward to seeing you soon Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Hi @ShiningStar , welcome!

We have begun already - perhaps a slight mix-up with daylight savings time.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance