Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

grief and the aniversary of a loved one

ok so its coming up to the time when i lost my nan.
she was my best friend and the person i was closet to. she pretty much raised me and was my biggest 'fan' who always loved what i did and what i was doing.
she was always there for me
i was her carer and unfortunateley my last memeories of her werent the best and being 18 when she went it wasnt the easiest thing for me
its coming up to the date that she passed and also the dates of some of the sad and distressing memories i have of her passing and events leading up to it

im just wondering how other people cope with this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: grief and the aniversary of a loved one

@Former-Member - it's always difficult when you feel sad over someone who has passed away, especially on those anniversaries. When my father died, I would have a special little ceremony to remember the happy things about him. It involved eating a meal of his favourite foods with family and reminiscing about the happy or funny times we had shared.

Look at some photos or video of your Nan if you have any. Write her a letter or card. Buy yourself some flowers,  a special piece of jewellery that you can wear in her honour or some little memento.

IMG_2125.PNG

Re: grief and the aniversary of a loved one

I take her fave flowers to her on her birthday and still write her cards. Ive written her a letter last year and balled my eyes out and i cant even read over it. There are photos of my nan everywhere in the house and im wearing the last thing she brought me which is a blue stoned ring. I hardley ever take it off.
No doubt though ill have to hold my mother together and watch the kids so i prob wont be able to geieve again @soul
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance