Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

How are you going @Jacques?

hi @Former-Member,

im doing ok, i just got rid of my car i have owned for 36 years, it broke my heart to let her go, im having bad panic attacks over it.

my partner is amazing, she has just moved into her new house and overcome her anxiety and depression to do so, she still struggles but she just keeps growing as a person, im so so proud of her. i wish i had her bravery and strength.

Was the old car breaking down and/or costing too much . @Jacques

Unreliable vehicles worry me as neither Mr Darcy or I are mechanical. 

hi @Former-Member, no it was costing money and it was full of rust, plus we have a new car, so there was no point having the extra cost

no me neither, the celica never caused us any trouble and never broke down in the 36 years we had it, it was the most reliable car we ever had. 

it broke my heart to let it go. 

i loved that car

i wish i had her bravery and strength.--but you do my amazing friend @Jacques

you were here for me when I came here 3 years ago , I was a mess and you had helped me sooo much HeartHeart

You mean so much to me xoxo

Hello @Former-Member, @Appleblossom, @PeppiPatty, @Zorro

hi my dear friend @Shaz51,

i really wish that where true, i feel like i have been stuck in a loop, like ground hog day every day, i feel i have nto advanced much at all, just treading water. 

i wish i could advance faster than i am, i still can't be away from mum and i have so many panic attacks every day.

@Jacques Can't say I've felt it 😀

car-love-quotes-fresh-car-love-quotes-gallery-of-car-love-quotes-420x270.jpg

If it is not presumptuous, I am wondering with your avatar, do you have a BP diagnosis?  My Mr D has a primary working Dx of BPii + more. 

I had a toyota seca for 15 years and it felt like an extension of me.  I was chauffeur mum and went all over with it.  To Sydney and Tassie twice, which was a lot for me.

I still miss it. The car I have now has other good aspects, but I am still not as connected.

Hi @Jacques

Dont sell yourself short.  You have loyalty in spades.

Smiley Happy

Checking in @Jacques how are you going in the heat?

ohhh @Jacques sending you tender hugs and thinking of you daily my friend xoxo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance