Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

@Jacques
How are you going?

hi @Former-Member, im ok, i had a bad day yesterday, my anxiety got so bad it had physical impacts that kept me on bed for most of the day, anxiety and depression is so exhausting, im not sleeping and strugging with random panic attacks.

my partner is going ok, she has a lot of pressure and stress, so i am supporting her as best i can, she is a wonderful support for me too 🙂

how are you @Former-Member? how are things going for you?

Relatively steady here @Jacques thanks.

Checking in @Jacques

Hello @Jacques Hope you are alright?

Heart

Hi @Former-Member and @Appleblossom, thank you for thinking of me, my partner is back in the MHU, she is not doing well, over the past week I have worked hard to keep her safe, she is in for 3 weeks, it is so heartbreaking seeing her in there again, but if it keeps her safe I guess it is worth it.

I hope you are both going well, I'm not sleeping much these days, I'm exhausted all the time. I am trying to care for myself. Just taking each day as it comes. 

thinking of you my friend @Jacques , sending you lots of hugs HeartHeart

Caring for a loved person in crisis IS HARD WORK.  @Jacques 

I hope you have a few other things in your life to sustain you. 

Are you reading much?  Do you have a philosophy or thinker that you are interested in?

Sleep is another tough one.  

I am up and down at the moment, but still steady if that makes sense .. lol

Apple

Sorry to hear this @Jacques  does photography help quiet your mind? 

Hi @Appleblossom and @Former-Member yes it is very hard work, but when you love someone enough you never give up on them, she is such an important part of my life.

No I don't read too often, I would love to, but I struggle to concentrate long enough to read a few pages.

I have read books by Friedrich Nietzsche, Carl marks, and Stephen hawking.

I have read others. But these three stand out. Some of there writings I agree with, some I don't. 

Sleep is something I'm so scared of now, I know as soon as I lay down I'm going to get a panic attack, sometimes, well most of the time it is self serving panic attacks, nights are so so long when you go days without sleep. 

I do enjoy photography and I do some still, mainly of birds and farm animals @Former-Member, nature and wildlife bring me such joy, I struggle so much with people, it is nice to have wild animals walk up to me without fear. It feels special. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance