Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Hank
Contributor

I'm so angry !!!!!

Hi all,

At this very moment I'm so very angry at my daughter who is struggling with anorexia, that I thought it best I jump on here, rather than scream at her.

Basically, she has been in treatment for 7 months and has been fighting recovery all the way. Last night she announced she is now vegan. Great! Just what we need. So I've spent all my day today, baking and  cooking vegan snacks and meals, only to be told she won't eat them because they have certain ingredients she doesn't like.

i knew this was the likely outcome, but I'd had a small glimmer of hope that if vegan, at least she may eat. How wrong!!!!!

i hate this disease!

I'm praying I can stay calm with her tonight, as this rotten MI knows how to push all my buttons.

sometimes it really does seem too hard.

anyway thanks for listening.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I'm so angry !!!!!

Hello @Hank

that I thought it best I jump on here,-- sure is my friend , we are here for you , vent away here xx

you are not alone my friend

Hello @Faith-and-Hope

My heart is aching for you @Hank .....

We've got a different version of this crappy disease going on over here ..... mine's eating, but exercising it all straight back out again .... and doing the disgusting chew n spit thing ..... I can't stand the smell of melted chocolate anymore .....

Breathe Hon ...... breathe deep and long and keep breathing ...... don't let this horrible thing take you down too ......

Just had an awful rollercoaster afternoon over here - emotional dramas rather than the food side of it - but I have cleared out to get myself a massage and recover ..... probably have a big cry later.

Hugs n hugs ..... so not fair .....

Chop all the baked snacks up, add to a pan with milk, eggs, fruit and bake into a non-vegan bread pudding and enjoy it all yourself across the next five days or so .....

Scr*w the AN ..... make it count .... for you .... ❣

@Hank

that sounds so frustrating! You are very kind and thoughtful to cook up a vegan feast for your daughter. Hopefully that food doesn't go to waste. 

What type of food does your daughter like to eat?

My daughter is 15... AND VEGAN. I am getting balder from pulling my hair out.

It is 134am ... 2 bacon sandwich's just devoured by me mmmmmm

Hi @Chris3 .... just wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing .... and say welcome to the forums.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance