Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Minnie87
New Contributor

Anxiety

Hi I'm new here and very anxious 

9 REPLIES 9
Kyle1
Senior Contributor

Re: Anxiety

Hi @Minnie87 

I'm old, and I'm anxious, too.

That might make us book ends! 🙂

Welcome to the Forums. Feel free to share your story here. It's a welcoming and non judgemental bunch around these parts.

Hi Minnie87,

your very normal then. 
most of society is anxious because life can be challenging. 
it’s important to get out into nature and unwind when you feel like that. 

hope your ok 🤗

Hey @Minnie87 !

Welcome welcome! I acknowledge stepping into a new space can be anxiety-provoking. Yet over time, you may find we are a pretty awesome lot here 🙂

We all have our stories of survival to tell. Some of these stories have left scars. But we are all real people with real stories.

You are so welcome to the forums community here.

Also, hi @Chrease - great to have you with us too! 

Feel free to pop into some of our social threads including Share a cuppa? Re: Good Morning evRe: Hot Chocolate Anyone ? 

It may also be helpful to know that when you are responding to someone, you can type "@" in front of their username so that they receive a notification of your response. That way, you'll get a response much quicker! e.g. @tyme 

Looking forward to seeing you around.

You may want to meet @Shaz51 @Snowie @outlander @Eve7 @Zoe7 @BPDSurvivor - they are a few of our community guides who keep this place close to their heart.

Hi @Minnie87 and welcome to the Sane forums.

It is very normal to feel anxious, especially when it is something new and scary.

But you are showing how brave and courageous you are by just coming on here and doing your first post.

If you want to tag people just use the @ symbol and start typing their name and it will let them know that someone has tagged them. Might sound complicated, but once you get used to it, it is easy to do.

Are there things that you want to get out of this forum? I know when I first joined, I wanted to meet people with similar experiences to me, so I didn't feel as alone as I was.

I hope in time you can feel comfortable here and make some connections.

Eve7
Community Guide

Hello @Minnie87  and welcome to the forums.

There are lots of kind people on here willing to share their stories and most of us have been anxious stepping into something new.

I hope you feel safe here.

@Minnie87 

Anxiety sucks. I deal with it heaps. There are meds out there I cant say what due to guidelines but there are some that are fast acting but hard to get and not for long term use and others that take a long time (around 6 weeks) can be used for longer but again in my experience difficult to get. Medically speaking its a hard one for doctors to treat but you should engage your GP and potentially a psychiatrist for help.

In addition to this there are non-medical ways to minimise your anxiety. Things like mindfulness and breathing exercises can help and you can find resources online for them. They dont work for everyone, I personally have issues with them because how am I supposed to do them when Im freaking out because the shopping centre has too many people and Im trying to do my groceries. Am I just supposed to stop in the middle of that and find a place to breath?

Im fortunate I saw a psychiatrist that organised a supply of the fast acting ones for me given my extensive situation. I dont always need them, I was just saying to my Dad that since stepping back from my sisters care Ive not needed them as much but they are there for when I do need them.

As I said anxiety sucks in all its forms, there are things you can do, coming here is a great step and you will get alot of support. When you feel comfortable you can expand on your post or not but there is no judgement here and we are here to help where we can

Gillie1
Senior Contributor

Welcome @Minnie87 

It's a lovely place to hangout. 

hi @Minnie87 and welcome!

hello and welcome to you too @Chrease

please feel free to chat about whats happening for you. happy to listen to whatever you might need to talk about
Zoe7
Community Guide

Hi @Minnie87 and welcome to the forums.

Anxiety is not fun to deal with but on here we support and encourage each other so you are among people that get it. Take your time to have a look around some threads, jump into conversations you feel comfortable in doing so and keep posting here on this one - the community is here with you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance