Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Sorry to read that @Shaz51... it's sometimes hard to take care of others and yourself, but that's all the more reason to make sure you have moments to care for youself.

thank you @Former-Member, I just find it hard between my mum and mr shaz , my step children and my physical problems that I forget myself , trying to get that right balance is sooooo hard x

There are ways to learn how to let go; sometimes this needs to be done with the help of a trusted counselor esp when abuse has occurred.

This is a  somewhat simple summary of letting go:

https://psychcentral.com/blog/learning-to-let-go-of-past-hurts-5-ways-to-move-on/

So sorry to hear the news re: uncle @Shaz51.   Concerning times when the ones we love are so unwell.

Hi @Shaz51

I'm sorry to her about your uncle too - staph in his pace-maker is a big deal

When it comes to uncles and therefore my uncle and aunt - I finally emailed my cousin to find out something, anything - about them and although I don't know any more about them right now - they are entitled to their privacy after all - I got a message that I am much loved - so good to know - so whatever happens I have that message from them via email from my cousin

Yes - we do carry a lot Shaz - and I know you know to care for yourself too but it is easy to forget when you have so much on your plate

meet my new friend - the self-care dinosaurmeet my new friend - the self-care dinosaur

Dec

thank you @Owlunar, @Former-Member, @Former-Member

yes I remember @Owlunar about your aunty and uncle ,glad you get email messages xx

Hi and thanks for the link @Former-Member - I have bookmarked it and will read it later when I am not thinking about going to bed and dealing with my itchy eyes - in other words - get away from the screens

The subject about letting go and moving on - it is hard - no one tells us how and and if it was easy no one would need to be told to pull their socks up etc - 

I know I have let my mother go - yes - there are times when I find a thought in my mind - eg - I wish I could talk to my mother then realise now - it's not because she won't but she can't because she died and she was one horribly unhappy old lady

But life has improved a lot since she has been gone - I am not constantly wasting my own life-time making continuous decisions about not visiting today or tomorrow or any other time - so glad that is over

Letting go of my son has been harder but I am getting there too

And even so - with all these wonderful ideas about moving on from the trauma of our various pasts - or all our own pasts - no one can tell us how - I can't say how

Unless it's wanting a future more - how much more? Not much I am thinking - 

I brought this up yesterday in "Awareness of Women's Mental Health" I wonder if I tagged you - I have added you to the list of tags I have for this thread now regardless 

Here's the programme there - I don't know the answers but I am asking the questions and maybe there are some little ideas hiding inside other people - I hope they will surface and be shared

Thanks Darcy

Dec

Thanks @Shaz51

thanks for the link @Darcy - Heart

how are you and Mr darcy today xx

@Shaz51
💙💜💗💛💚💟💌
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance