Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

How's today going for you and your boy @Anastasia ? 💞💜💞

Hello sweet pea,

I'm missing your gorgeous presence. Really hoping hospital is providing you with all that you need and more. Love and hugs @greenpea 💚🤗💚

Hello @bipolarbunny 

It falls under Capacity Building supports

These are intended to build my independence and reduce my need for the same level of supports in the future.

(Unlike core support cap building cannot be moved from one category to another). 

Goals that my Cap support can help me achieve:

(Using your List of goals give examples of how this support will help you to meet those goals...)

I.e Goal

"I would like to increase my skills in finding and keeping friendships"

Reason on application why you need this support funding...(some examples, use yours)

"By having this included in my plan it will provide me with support to learn how to make and keep friendships "

"It would help me to learn skills to regulate my emotions"

"I would like to learn skills to manage my social anxiety"

Does that make sense?

Funding falls under 

Improved Daily Living (CB Activity) 

Gosh I hope that helps BB xox

@Anastasia Thank you so much my friend, this will be a big help! I will let you know how I get on. Thank you so much again! 🤗🙏🏻💕

BB 🐰💙

I'll be crossing everything for you. Its makes such a difference. My boy can see his pycologist more often than if he didn't have funding. 

I'd love to hear how you go. Holler if you need more help @bipolarbunny 💕🙏🤗

@Anastasia That's so great, I hope it works. I'm going to ask for a new LAC too as my current one I feel has misrepresented me atrociously. Even my psychologist was disgusted when he saw my plan. His exact words when he read my plan were, "These are not your words, WTF? They haven't given us anything useful! WTF? They have given you funding for a speech pathologist??!!!" Then he just shook his head and sighed. We think it will end up in court. I am ready for a battle. Lol. 

@Anastasia BTW I am so happy for you that everything is clicking into place, you must feel so relieved to finally have found a coordinator that understands your needs. I'm happy to hear there is hope it is worth the struggle to get everything organised.

That is disgraceful @bipolarbunny I am so sorry!

This is our third one and up until now I have done everything as his sw was  useless. It's taken a massive toll on me trying to juggle a full time job. It really is not acceptable that they just take the money and provide nothing. I really hope that with your review you get the funding you need and can put the nightmare behind you x

@Anastasia Thanks my friend, me too. It has been a terrible experience so far, at first they denied me access, then I rang them up and went into the NDIS office, they were horrified and rang on my behalf and then I got accepted, but then they totally stuffed up my plan and landed me with this LAC who hasn't phoned me once to see how I am going or if the plans working. It's just been so stressful and I feel so totally misrepresented. I'm so thankful I have such a great psychologist I wouldn't be able to any of this without him. And his secretary who is lovely is training to becoming a psychosocial recovery coach, so I'll be set there, they actually did find me for that. But yeah I'll be glad when it's all over. 

the LAC usually have more people on their books than Co-ordinators of Support.  Mine told me he would only check in when needed overy few months, but also to feel free to email any time.  I am very conscious of not wasting other people time, but he was the one that pushed for me getting support quicker, and made appts where I was hesitant.

It seems the system is hugely inconsistent, and maybe responds to the squeaky wheel, more than having clear protocols.

Reminds me 2 phone calls I need to make tmrw.

Good night ladies

@Anastasia @bipolarbunny @NatureLover 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance