Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Yes I have a therapist who has helped a great deal as well as here @outlander 

I have a script for if I get really bad but haven't felt the need to have it filled. Doing everything in my power to self care to avoid it

I constantly manage si and sh urges @Anastasia and honestly some of the time theres no reason it just pops up. When it becomes a chronic thing its hard to know what to do or what might help at all.
As well as yourself having some supports, if your son doesnt have any id suggest him trying to access some as well.
A coping box might be helpful for him too, it might be helpful for you too. Have you heard of a coping box ?

Ok im really glad you have someone to support you in this too @Anastasia
Carers Australia also offer free counselling as well if you need

He doesn't but I recall in hospital it was suggested to him. Is it where you have something to touch, smell, etc? I'd love more info and I can attempt to put one together with him please @outlander 

I had a zoom session with a government run association. It was amazing but difficult to continue as during working hours. The final one was a craft day face to face which I would have enjoyed but not able to with work commitments sadly @outlander 

A coping box is literally a box-if hes crafty he could use a cardboard box and decorate it @Anastasia
Inside the box is everything he can do to calm, distract or soothe when things are intense like sh urges pop up etc.
Everyones different ofcourse but some examples could be a colouring book or findaword book with some pencils, a stressball to squeeze, a favourite blanket to wrap yourself in, a favourite smelling candle, an ipod with earphones with somw fave music and/or guided meditation, some small handweights to do some quick strength exercises.
These are only ideas of course, you can put whatever safe items you like in there that he finds helpful or that he likes (so maybe like a gameboy thing or something if hes tech savy) You make sure the box is easily accessed so maybe a place in his bedroom that he can just get whatever he needs out whenever he needs it.

Oh bugger @Anastasia perhaps in your local area you could find a crafty group to join in with even once a month. Just something nice and enjoyable just for you to have a break @Anastasia

I love that. Thank you. I'll talk to him about it and hopefully it is something he's open to implementing. You have been so kind to me @outlander sitting with me talking me through. I still have so much concern but I do feel a little better so thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish for a brighter place for all of us I really do 😔🤗💞

You can make one up for you too id youd like @Anastasia you could call it a self care box. Its a pretty flexible thing.

Always happy to be here with and for you. Sometimes we just need to talk and let it out. My ears and heart are always open whenever you need 💛

Do  you want to stay and chat more until you  can settle  enough for some sleep? 

I might just do that @outlander !!!

I dozed a little I should probably say goodnight before I do fall asleep on you. Thank you again, big squeezy gentle hugs. Please take care of you xxx🤗💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance