Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Newly diagnosed schizophrenia in daughter aged 24

Hello @Audrey64 

My son has schizoeffective disorder. He was originally diagnosed with bipolar 11 and ADHD. After months of changes of meds and hospitalisations his new dr diagnosed him with schizoeffective disorder. It was like a lightening bolt reading about it. Everything resonated. From the beginning he has changed his GP and this is his 4th physciatrist. With this med he no longer has hallucinations etc, however sleeps too late but I'm hoping in time he will adjust.

You are doing the right thing seeking out supports. I called the Sane line and that really helped. There's also lifeline and beyond blue. Hopefully even this helps knowing that you are not alone x take care 

Hello @Audrey64 sending strength to you, hoping that today is a better day Heart

Thankyou @Anastasia not a better day yet, my beautiful daughter is still tormented and I still can’t get to talk to her doctors, more meds prescribed, she looks like a zombie - so sedated, no spark, my beautiful daughter is still in there somewhere but I cannot see her ,but still hoping and loving her so much that she will be better soon, please God

Thankyou 

Oh @Audrey64 I'm so sorry to hear.  Sending support and hoping for a brighter tomorrow for you both ❤

Thanksyou

Hi @Audrey64 

Some of the new generation antipsychotics can take up to 6 weeks to take full effect - but that would be a long time to wait if your daughter is suffering like she is now. My son was recently hospitalised with psychosis and he did respond well to the antipsychotics and then there seems to be a long, slow time when he gradually gets better (he has been hospitalised before). Its great that you can be a reassuring presence in your daughters life - and that she is not so paranoid that she shuts you out. I found the resources on Vic Voices gave me hope - there are support groups there for people who hear voices as well.

https://www.unitingprahran.org.au/ourservices/voices-vic/#page_1

Hello @Audrey64 

Thinking of you and your beautiful girl ❤️

Thankyou for your beautiful message she is still very unwell in hospital and so tormented not responding hi sny meds but I will not lose hope I cannot and I will not give Iup fighting for my beautiful girl who is still there underneath her misery but I look at her and I weep for her suffering and feel helpless 

sending my live to all caters in the same situation as me , never give up 

Oh @Audrey64 

My heart breaks for you and your beautiful girl. I haven't stopped thinking and hoping her health has improved. I'm sorry to learn otherwise. You are a great Mum. Hang on tight, she knows your are there for her. In the mean time keep taking care of you x 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance