Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: CPTSD and it’s effect

Thanks Faith,

I am just going through the weakness of depression, The in-laws have been working against me in the community. I need to completely re frame my existence first. My wife doesn't know what her priorities are shes mixed up in the metoo frame of mind and cant see how her attitude has been destroying her relationship over a long period of time. She adopts the sheer anger and hate that her father and mother live by. You should see their faces, they are all wrinkled and red, with the sociopathic stare, its scary they come up in nightmares still. I have been trying to re-integrate and have had setbacks due to depression with adjustment disorder. I left to make it stop and cant come back. I am too triggered by the area.

Hi @Lucycannon,

  

I’m really sorry to hear of those experiences during 2020 which you have opened up about here on the forums. It sounds like a really challenging time for you at the moment. 

You did mention some things that have had some big impacts on you and wondered whether you have supports around you to help you through this time period?

Did you know that the SANE help centre offers free phone counselling (available 10am-10pm) if that might be something of use to you at this time?

Otherwise I just wanted to also offer you some other services that are available to you in case you need someone to chat with and provide more individualised support for you. 

Mensline: PH 1300 789 978
1800 Respect (DV related service): PH 1800 737 732   

Blueknot (Complex trauma service): PH 1300 657 380

I will also send you an email just to check in on you.
Take care

@flybluebird 

I hear you @Lucycannon ……

“my” x made such a mess of what was our life that if I avoid everything he has tainted I will be living in a shoebox, and that leaves our kids fully open to his crap too, so I am steadily reclaiming what I want out of the rubble.  I am rescripting / repurposing (ie what were special his n hers towels are now in the family swimming towels collection and will eventually become paint clean-up rags, his aftershave spray is now my toilet air freshener until it runs out).   Other things I am just throwing or giving away.  It’s diluting the effect, slowly but surely.

Forum tip:  

Tap on the @ symbol and a list of recent users of this thread drops into the screen.  Select the person you want to address (more than one if you like) and they receive a origination with link to the post  you “tagged” them from.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance