Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Feeling Deflated

Hi Krishna, I am sorry to hear of your emotional pain. My son (32) only ever pays me attention when he wants money. It's hard and I feel like I am always being manipulated by him. I have lived with him flitting in and out of our lives since he was 13 when he ran away from home. Thanks for your reminder to get out into the sunshine and be in the garden. It really helps

@Krishna 

I just read your post sorry that your dad I understand how you feel. I still trying with my children no luck ATM I feel like giving up on the idea of hearing from them it's very sad when family treat you this way 

Hi @Leeanne Thanks for your understanding. Do you have a good relationship with your other children? I try to not have any expectations from my daughter to avoid disappointment. Sometimes it works other times not. I try to get out of the house a few times a week as I ruminate on her less when I’m out and about. It sneaks up on me at home when I’m stuck for something to do so having a project to work on helps. Looking forward to some warmer weather as I enjoy swimming at the beach to clear my head and it’s a nice 1 hour drive on a bush road from my place. Crotcheting is also something I enjoy doing and reading a good book always helps. Have you spoken to your GP or a Counsellor about your grief? It may help. Sending love and understanding. Take good care xx

@Krishna 

I have a good relationship with 1 of my daughters. I would love a good relationship with all my 8 children but I don't . I have seen my GP and I see a counsellor every three weeks,I try to tell myself be happy with what I have but I find it hard. I don't talk about the others to my daughter cause I don't want to drive her away.i have 3 grandchildren I saw when babies but haven't seen since. It's hard I do crochet sometimes read and write

Hi @Leeanne I’m glad you see a counsellor on a regular basis as it’s important to have someone to talk to about how you’re feeling. I miss not being involved in my daughters life not having the normal mother daughter relationship but her illness has robbed us both of that and it’s hard hearing about her highs and lows from people I’ve never met. We can’t waste our precious lives waiting for things to change. Life’s too short. That’s why I try to do something every few days that brings ME joy and happiness. I hope you can make time to do the same for yourself. 🙏❤️

@Krishna 

I understand what you mean about not having that relationship with your I have 8 children I don't have that relationship with most them that I would like.😞😞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance