Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: ECT Therapy for wife with BPD and Depression - Feeling anxious.

Hi @Shaz51, @Former-Member

How are you both today?
Trust that it is well for you both, Mr Darcy and Mr Shaz.

While I thought my darling was actually improving ee had a pretty big meltdown here yesterday and my darling is now going into hospital on Monday for some rest. I would have had her admitted yesterday if they had space.  While we are doing a little better toady with the help of some additional med as directed by the doc, my darling cannot be left alone at the moment. I also have to tell our  little people sometime tomorrow that mummy is going for another 'holiday'. I am greatful that they seem so understanding but it breaks my heart that they have to see their mummy in so much pain. (They are giving lots of hugs and I love you's at the moment, it is so sweet). 

I feel bad for unlaoding here especially as everyone has their own trials but it helps to get it out. For many years I have just delt with it (or not) by keeping it bottled up and am now paying the price in my ability to effectivly support my darling. Somting I am working on in a number of areas but it will take time. 

Thank you for listening 🙂 

Hey @Determined
Here for you, keep talking through this, understand the varying emotions of fear, anxiety, disbelief and shock that come with a crisis.
Are there any practical supports you can call on? Now is a time you could use them. Don't be afraid to accept help.
You are no doubt focused on keeping things together for your darling and kids. Try and get some rest yourself too, hard to do in the middle of a storm, particularly when you are already battle weary.
Sending love
Darcy

Thankyou @Former-Member

Rest is a foreign concept for me at the moment. I am trusting however that now my darling is in hospital and safe that I may be able to relax a little more.

Both of our mothers are being a huge practice help at the moment with with children's school run so that I can take our youngest down to visit mummy (she is worried that he will forget her). My mother however put the guilt trip on me the other night for not allowing a sibling to look after the children unsupervised (I would not trust that sibling to look after my dog- long story). While partly due to a bad attitude on my behalf, wrong time to raise it and expect a rational response. So far I have ignored it and nothing more has been said.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance