Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression Dementia Dading

Quick hello @Former-Member

Have kept up to date with things on other threads.

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

D

@Former-Member Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Former-Member,  @outlander,  yes, its a survival strategy I guess,

-  M. I. N. D. F. U. L. N. E. S. S  S. -

.......PRESENT

..............MOMENT 

.....................IMMEDIATE

.............................SURROUNDINGS

-  M. I. N. D. F. U. L. N. E. S. S  S. -

Focus needs to be here, not with dad or the animals or the baby brothers. Or the estranged destructive siblings...

Having said that, they ring me sometimes, when dad had a fall, and when the dogs disappeared. Bro 2 made a point of telling meche accessed dad's wallet from the Aged Care Facility safe and helped dad take out $5 to cover his coffee when on their way to the coffee shop. This made me cranky, and suspicious. This was Bro4's payday and he can't afford to buy dad his coffee out? I don't understand & glad I removed dad's keycard - drug habit, gambling & all. Poor dad. 

Dads RN rang me 2noghts ago to tell me he had a fall (as is protocol), but he is unharmed.

Rang dad today, he seems OK, said he's starting to have some strange thoughts... had trouble explaining it... Mr coming when mum got sick and filling in for her... same but not he said... Didn't seem to have a point. I listened hard.  asked him if its good or bad thoughts, he said, good... good thoughts... I asked him if he still wants to go back home or does he think he's better off there l? He said "well I'm here now". OK oo, let's explore this... But turns out he does wanna go back to o the house. I was really hoping he'd say he likes it there better, drat! 

Well, better lift butt, get back to moving house. 

That lot there have been left in safe hands.

Big hugs @Former-Member HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

The lovely lady whose minding my dogs has history & MI (by definition) BPD / Childhood Trauma, but also, at only 35 she had a stroke 2yr back. How amazing she was to survive because they didn't even do scans for a week, writing her off as a drunk because of her history. Her mothers GP did scans a week after she was in emergency & sent ambulance to pick her up for treatment. And here she is helping me care for our pets. Paid of cause but she loves animals and its boosting her confidence.
Another lady I met recently has Asbergers. I'm starting to wonder if anyone is unbroken.

@Former-Member 💖 💖 💖 💖 💖
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander, thanks. Are you doing OK?

Mm i guess @Former-Member thanks
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry I haven't kept up @outlander is your pop OK?

Nope, dont apologies @Former-Member theres nothing to apologise for!

Old age is kicking in abit more with him esp with winter and weve had some chilly days so arthritis and other things have worsened/flared and has been rather moody. Other than that seems ok...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance