Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Shaz51
Community Guide

Are you a people pleaser?????

Hello @Jynx 

Talking about.being a people pleaser 

47 REPLIES 47

Re: Are you a people pleaser?????

Good topic @Shaz51 !

I was a really bad people-pleaser (and still struggle with it too) and took me a long time to recognise that I needed to learn to recognise my own needs too!

People-pleasing is actually a trauma response! You can read more about it here. Would love to hear others' experiences too!

Hello @Jynx 

My mum just said I ammmmm too nice 

Could not eat my dinner tonight @Jynx , @BlueBay , @Anastasia , @Emelia8 , @Judi9877 , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @ShiningStar , @Dimity , @Scoo , @Appleblossom 

I am a people pleaser snd have been all my life. I didn’t know it’s a trauma response @Jynx @Shaz51 

Thsts me - a fawner @Jynx 

interesting  read.  It’s so me!!!

I hate confrontation 

hate fights 

cannot stand up for myself 

It is as my mum and aunty can not go up the steps anymore @BlueBay , @Jynx 

So instead of cramming everyone in my mum's room downstairs,  we have set up a table for 8 people for tomorrow  morning tea celebrations

Hope ur OK @Shaz51 not feeling like eating is a worry. 

Re being a people pleaser when I was working I had the bad habit of speaking up to bosses etc instead of leaving things unsaid. So I guess that's a no. Sticking my head over the parapet was what some called it. I guess I had good intentions if that counts for anything. 

Aww @Shaz51  sounds super complicated, and thus super stressful! I hope you can have a little snack later on.

Since when is being too nice a character flaw! If others take advantage of that, then shame on them, not on you!

@BlueBay Super interesting to learn hey! It helped me to be a little bit nicer to myself, because I needed to learn that I am actually allowed to want and have things! The tricky part is learning to listen to my own wants, because so often when I ask myself what I want it can appear to be stuff like "I just want this person to be happy" or "I just want us not to fight."

Hugs @Dimity 

Mr shaz and I have set up a table for tomorrow morning tea under the patio with no aircon 

My mum did not want everyone crammed into her bedroom tomorrow  xxx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance