Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: what to do when feeling Overwhelmed

I happily eat Broccoli anyway @Former-Member Even though it doesn't taste like chocolate.

Adge

cravings.png

hello @Boo13 soo nice to see you my friend Heart

Hello @Former-Member, @Adge, @Ghost, @Determined, @pc1954

I really love that chart @Former-Member

I think I had better print that out and stick it on the fridge and prefer the healthy snacks in advance - they can't go astray if overwhelming situations are few and far between

Most of the things I would like to eat when I need to release any kind of tension seems to be sweet which is okay as long as it's not to often - it also seems most of the things people do when the pressure is on is not good for the health either

Taking a walk - best idea - there was about a year when taking a walk was physically hard because of as trick knee - still gotta walk to get over that one

It's so much easier to walk up to the shops for some snowballs - mmmm - the walk part is okay

Dec

It's amazing what ideas I get from clipartIt's amazing what ideas I get from clipartOkay - it's easy to get on a plane but I promise to return

Dec

Thanks @Shaz51

I was going to get back to you about the things we might love to do when we are overwhelmed not being good for Poor Little Kidney

So true - sigh - regardless of the state of our kidneys or the whole of our body actually - often the things we reach out for when life becomes overwhelming is scary - personally I like sweet food and I try and avoid it but that is what I really like

I have thought a lot about it and in most cases it depends on what it is that we go for and how often - if we reach for the wrong things often that is not good - we can have a little of anything from time to time - which is good - 

I have what I call the Chocolate Frog Story - I was told I could eat as many chockie frogs as I like if I walk all the way to the shop - buy one - walk all the way home and eat it and then walk back to the shop for another one

The first one tastes wonderful - and I can tell you - the thought of walking back to the shop for the second one on a hot, wet, cold or windy day doesn't appeal and if it seems worthwhile - the rules says we can do it all day long if we like

Oh yes!! - I can tell you that walking to the shop for one thing - that being a chockie frog - and walking home and eating it was great - I never walked back for another one and Strawberry Cream Chockie Frogs are great

Enough said - it's great to walk but I don't want everyone starting an exodus for chockie frogs one at a time

Dec - 

I said "One chockie frog"I said "One chockie frog"

Oh no!!

As I live out of town walking 8km  for a choccie frog might just be bit too much for me @Owlunar.

@Myla you might like the chart in this thread too.

I think that's the idea @Former-Member

You can eat as many chockie frogs as you like if you do the walking but the thought of 8 km on a hot day - wow - not fun

And imagine the frog when you get home after walking 8 km in the heat - poor frog - not for you obviously Darcy

Not enough fun there

Dec

@Owlunar would be hot choc 😀 BTW is 8 km each way (16km round trip). I am fat and unfit 😬

I used to do some weeding in the garden when overwhelmed, but have not really got my gardening mojo back yet. 

I lost my gardening mojo several years ago @Former-Member

Very strange, since I've had a green thumb since tiny - & worked as a Horticulturist for 12 years.

I still haven't got it back yet....

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance