Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: what to do when feeling Overwhelmed

Hi @Adge@Former-Member

Oh - yes - the gardening mojo - I have a brown elbow - my daughter inherited the gardening mojo from her Dad and my family - I don't know what happened to me - just not into it - and I have tried 

Actually I have herbs and salad growing in pots in my back courtyard - they have reseeded and keep going from year to year because I don't scratch around in the pots - just pull some weeds - my daughter set the seedlings in some cases years ago and they just keep coming back - she has the green and magic fingers and the mojo

I love the vegies I grow for myself - or rather - my daughter starts for me

Dec

I was overwhelmed by grief of Mr D's attempt and subsequent surgeries @Adge when I lost my gardening mojo. Found myself pulling some weeds today after spotting some lilium and gladdies poking through and felt the need to liberate them. I have a feeling that it is somehow inextricably linked to some deeper emotions that I am not yet able to open myself up to. 

Great suggestions, thank you. So important to recognise when we need some time out. I am getting better at doing it and recognising how draining the emotional rollercoaster can be. Feeling more comfortable acknowleding that.

Hi and welcome to the forums @Charlie16 .... 👋

I am falliing sleep here, so I need to go looking for my bed.

Take care.

Hello All, 

In the moment, stepping outside and grounding, to remember to bring myself back to presence by identifying the thought pattern within Schema Psych therapy. Critical Parent, vulnerable child or healthy adult. I would advise research on the topic or discussion with a therapist who can facilitate assist with the techniques. 

Still at the beginning of learning this, mainly centered around negative self talk. Outside influences of stress can be different but its ultimately identifying how we are discussing it within ourselves at the time that can assist us to calm down. 

Will write more as I'm continuously learning emotional regulation and techniques. I'd like to add I'm on heavy sedatives and needed them after 2 hospitalizations in 1 year due to suicide ideation. 

Hi @Amberlulu and welcome to the forums .....

Thanks for your input on this thread, and it sure sounds like you’ve been going through a rough time of it ..... hopefully finding an outlet here will really help.  It certainly has for me in my family situation.  Can talk about things that are difficult to find an outlet for elsewhere.

How are you going @Charlie16 ?

Hello@Amberlulu @Charlie16

I also found a similar structural approach essential for survival ... transactional analysis.

Smiley Happy

Hi 

feeling overwhelmed .....

i make sure I’ve had my meds for mood stabilising

wAtch a DVD on Netflix

or meditate guided meditation

listen to Bob Dylan  

Great post for sifting through priorities. @Shaz51

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance