Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

KEJ
Senior Contributor

Yay! It’s happening!

Yesterday I got a call from The Hospital to say there's been a cancellation and I go in on Tuesday to have my right wrist operated on for Carpal Tunnel. I'm excited as my left wrist was a success. So looking forward to having no nerve pain and no more pins and needles as well. This mean I will come of some medication as well. .

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Yay! It’s happening!

will be thinking of you @KEJ Heart

is this next tuesday 

Yeap it is. I can't wait to be pain free!

sooo pleased for you @KEJ 

my step S1 had it in his left hand , understand the pain Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

D-Day @KEJ  hope all goes well.

Well I went in today and finally had the operation. I now must work on doing lots of therapy.

im looking forward to be pain free.

Last week I developed an infection to my wound. I was put on antibiotics to get rid of the infection. I had the stitches removed and it was a relief because it was swollen and infected. We has to squeeze the puss out! 
Today Iwent back and my hand is heaps better. Yesterday I removed all the dead skin. It looks so much better. Some spot has bled because of the new skin not stretching. I go back to the hospital tomorrow.

i am now no longer experiencing nerve pain or pins and needles. It was really worth having the operation after a long battle of these horrible pain. I sleep so much better now and my voices are sort of under control. I'm slowly drifting away from my dad as I have realised he is depending on me. I did not stay the weekend. I spent the weekend sorting out papers etc and found another poem. 
I have put it up but there is no title. Let me know what you think!

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @KEJ 

Hi

Im doing okay. My right hand is starting to hewal. Just got a scab and its getting smaller.  I hope to hear from Aust Post shortly to see if i can gety a casual job.  

My mental wellbeing is doing okay. I have been busy.  I am to give a speech on Wednesday about my recovery journey for the Mental Health Week. Im a bit nervous but that is to be expected.

I hope you are doing well too!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hope that your speech goes well @KEJ , have you been practicing it out loud to your furbaby?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance