Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hi all,

Feeling happy, sad, excited and a little nervous all at once today.

Worked my last shift at a job I have been in for the past 4 years. Have been at the campus studying for closer to 8 years.

It is the closing of a messy chapter for our family. The space + work + study there has been a refuge and compas to keep me moving forward during some dark days. But also some happy milestones as well. Going to miss it but at the same time it is a good door to close and I am looking Forward to new opportunities.

I start a new job on Monday.

First full time job in 8 years. Going to be some adjustments for all. Most of all darling. But also a great opportunity for her also  to gain some more confidence and independence. 

Thankful for the support of.family to make this possible. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Quick check in

New job is going well.

Darling, not so well without me.

Managing to hold it together but have needed to call and check in a couple of times this past week.

S3 is having some ongoing issues that saw him in hospital this time last week. Problem went away before tests could be carried out then returned after he was discharged. Waiting for a call from hospital pead to discuss what now :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Screenshot_20220220-192238_Samsung Internet.jpg

 Here for the children tonight.

But have been here before so hanging on in the hopes that this too will pass.

It feels as though when ever life is going well for me an my future is looking bright (if my future is looking bright then that in my mind translates to my family's future looking bright) then it gets sabotaged. Aparently I am not allowed to be happy. 

I'm sorry to hear this @Determined 

Hoping things are on the improve?

Thanks @Anastasia 

Things are back to civil for now.

Pretend nothing happened kind of a truce. 

❤️ @Determined 

Hey @Determined, are you still high and dry? How's the family holding up to the wild weather?

@Smc  our home is high and out of trouble but we are in the middle of a disaster zone.

Have been helping friends who are in a world of trouble. It is heartbreaking seeing the devastation. More than a few tears shead in sympathy.

And that is without the attempted looting. 

@Determined, looting is the classic "insult added to injury", with bells on. When our house flooded, it got to 40cms at its deepest and was out within a few hours. That did more than enough damage, and I'm guessing your community may have gotten worse than that. Will be praying for you and your friends.

Are your wife and kids coping?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance