Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope  @Shaz51 

We are all doing ok... Marooned again on our own little island due to flooding.   Managed to get to the shops this morning to stock up. Shelves will likely be bare by Monday so fortunate to have enough supplies to last us. It is not nearly as bad as last time but it is still emotionally taxing. 

On the bright side I get an enforced break and and a chance to rest up this time. Have been wearing down and in need of a break.  We were supposed to be out of town for a family function disappointed to miss that but small inconvenience compared to people all around us. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Outside of weather a bit of a mixed bag. 

Darling is doing well. Better than she has in a long time. So happy for darling and for our family, at the same time tomorrow is the 5 year anniversary of darling going to hospital for treatment (private mental health ward) that had some damaging consequences to us as a couple that linger today. Darling doing well at the moment is a great thing and I am happy but it also highlights how not ok things have been between us for the last 5 years at least .so feeling sad at the same time. 

So sappy maybe (sad-happy). 

Feeling really guilty that I am sad about wah thas been. I need to focus in what is yet to come in a positive light.

While that is going well 2 out of 3 children are not ok.

1 is displaying bpd symptoms like his mum, even she can see it, and the other does not want to be here for various reasons. Got a call from a care provider (minor confidentiality overuled by welfare and personal safety concerns). While no immediate plans, he has a plan for 'when he is ready' ☹️

It takes a lot of strength to say what you have today @Determined .

I acknowledge the challenges you’ve had in the past years and can only hope and pray things get better for you.

You are an amazing person standing by your dear one all these years. While many would have ‘given up’ and moved on, your true love for her has helped you hold on. 

My heart goes out to you, and I thank you for standing by her.

Take care,

tyme

Screenshot_20220514-163140_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hello @Determined thank you for your updates 

One of your messages you have written  really  spoke to me as one of my customers grandson is having sign like his mum -- he can not live at his mum's anymore , and I can see why that is the case 

We have had lots of rain here , even has cut us off for a while 

Sending you hugs and a happy birthday wishes for tomorrow xxx

Hello @tyme , @Faith-and-Hope , @Smc 

Quick check in.

Have been a bit absent but keeping our heads above water, sort of. New job is while going well using up almost all of my resources so time goes by. Think of my forum friends often though. Holiday coming up so looking forward to a mini break. Will do a proper catch up then hopefully. 

Officially on holidays.

A few yard chores to catch up on this week, hopfully a night or 2 away next week. 

Last holidays were turned upside down by natural disaster events and COVID  so was not really a break at all. Looking forward to some recharging this break.  

I have formally finished probation in my new job now.  Things are looking positive for the future work wise. Beyond end of this year is still  dependent on a bean-counting oversight board (was initially a 12 month position)  but management are pleased with how I have settled in so don't see it as a problem at all. Will be a role re classification at the end of year all being well so looking forward to that. 

Aaaand darling and I have taken to a weekly motocyle ride and coffee dates. Has been nice.

It is nice to see darling happier and enjoying life again. Something we have not seen for  a long time. I am feeling grateful and blessed for the healing that is taking place. Still a long road ahead of us but we have come so far. 

Morning @Determined 

How are you and your family going today ?? 

Bit under the weather atm @Shaz51 

Had 1 day off work sick this week, probably should have had 3 but don't have enough leave so went in anyway. Did rat tests before going to work juat to be safe so not infected. 

Other than that, hanging on. 

Expecting it to be stupid busy at work this coming week. And have multiple.dr appointments to.tend to with FIL and children so 🥱😳😵

Trust all is as.well as it can be for you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance