Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Parents Supporting Unwell Adult Children

thank you @Former-Member 

Hey @Tufftimes .... 👋💕

Good to see you back.  I hope you have some local support around you now ?  So important to care for the carer ......

Hi @warmsunhelps @and welcome to the forums 👋

Hello, this is my first time here and I resonate with everything you said. Dreadful day today and reaching out to try to feel "normal" and not so alone. How are things with you? 

My son needs this too buy it's impossible to get him out the house 

Hi @Anastasia and welcome to the forums ..... 👋 I am glad you have found us.  It is important to connect with others as carers in what is often quite overwhelming circumstances.  That feeling that we are not alone is such a relief when we have been battling in a degree of isolation.

Forum tip:  add @ immediately in front of someone's user name and it "tags" them to your post.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope , thank you! I spoke with a councillor today and then jumped on here. Whilst I'm struggling big time ATM I am grateful for your message and look forward to joining this community x

You're very welcome @Anastasia.

The forums have been a tremendous support for me for the last few years.  Yell out if you need any help navigating.  I will tag you from our virtual coffee shop.  It's a good place to land in a bit of a heap with other carers at the end of a long day or week.

hello @Julie4  and @emerald7 

come and meet some members @Faith-and-Hope@Anastasia@warmsunhelps@Tufftimes , @Former-Member 

Please do so people, this lady is wonderful,so wish I could easily navigate this site, hehe, must be an age thing 🙂

Thank you, no offence, but when i go quiet, things arent topo great. Thank you so much faith, shaz51, an man more, I really appreciate youre callout, so to speak.  Hope your lives are improving, and much better than mine xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance