Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Determined
Senior Contributor

My self care motorcycle and photography adventure

After dreaming about it for more than 25 years but putting it off to keep others happy, at the end of last year I finally got my motorcycle licence and a bike. 

After a most relaxing ride this afternoon I thought this would be a good idea for a thread as it is most definitely part of my self care strategy. 

I'm sure anyone who has ridden a bike will understand what I mean 😁  

Until today my rides have been just that, rides. I tried it out this afternoon and want to allow more time for stops and enjoy another self care activity. Photography.  If I can share some of those photos then maybe others can enjoy the ride with me 😊

Screenshot_20191103-185347_Gallery.jpg

117 REPLIES 117

Re: My self care motorcycle and photography adventure

@Former-Member   @Smc   @Shaz51   @Adge   @Ant7  

Very good @Determined You might inspire me to take up motorcycling again....

Adge

From today's ride 

tempFileForShare_20191103-191420(1).jpg

tempFileForShare_20191103-191252(1).jpg

tempFileForShare_20191103-191054(1).jpg

tempFileForShare_20191103-191125.jpg

Screenshot_20191103-185414_Gallery(1).jpgScreenshot_20191103-185325_Gallery(1).jpg

Screenshot_20191103-151811_Gallery.jpg

Ohhh this will be soo awesome my friend @Determined 

Thank you for tagging me xoxo 

Have added a gopro to my wishlist for santa.

There are so many nice views where I was riding today but few safe places to stop. Would make for some nice memories. 

Planing a 600ish km day trip with my mum hopefully by the end of the year. Would be great to have it before then. 

Will be lots of rural and range roads and not as much time for stopping so that would be great. 

Trip will be to visit family friends. 

@Determined  Thanks for tagging me in this post I am in a similar situation I had always wanted a bike but it was always put on the back burner. I finally got a bike 5 years ago at 43 and I absolutely love it 😊😊😊

Similar age @Ant7 ,   Is your bike purely for pleasure or for practical use also.

While I do get practical use from mine the motivation was purely pleasure. (Tool for self care). 

I actually looked a a couple of bikes like yours and the R version but as soon as I sat on the x that was it for me 😁

I am hoping that once my licence upgrades i a couple of months my wife (aka my darling) will come with me. 

@Determined  I use mine mainly to go to work but I originally wanted it for pleasure lol. Good luck with your wife mine will flat out not get on mine lol my youngest daughter has come with me a couple of times which is nice

67C1B3BE-2B65-4CE6-A382-988B4EA07A5D.jpeg

79401A2D-0D26-431B-9219-6CA2407DB444.jpeg

This is my first bike I pretty much learned on it 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance