Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Decluttering and home maintenance

When MI crisis happens, keeping house can take low priority. But having a messy house can further dent what is often an already low self esteem.  Build up of grime follows and rodents have a field  day in inaccessible places.

Getting that 2 minute job done (that has been annoying you for years) can lift ones spirit.

I have slowly been decluttering and tidying up our house. The progress made thus far has been achieved primarily by persistently dealing with one item a day.  

What has often kept me going has been the encouragement from others @Faith-and-Hope, @Smc @Determined @Shaz51

This tip passed on to me today. Hang all your clothes in the wardrobe with the hanger back to front. As you wear them, return them with the hanger the right way round.  In 6-12 months review all items that remain on back to front hangers with a view to donating/selling them.

how-to-organize-closets-hangers-trick.jpg

1,400 REPLIES 1,400

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

this is a great thread @Former-Member, I have not vacummed our house for 10 days Smiley Sad

But I have tken 2 bags of things to the op shop

2 bags of bottles to my aunty who reusing them

slowly been decluttering and tidying up our house too @Former-Member,bit by bit , the house looks tidy but it needs a good clean 

LoL @Former-Member

Love the clothes tip but in our house my d

Darling would not cope with anything being the wrong way around and would straighten them all out immediately. She even colour matches everything into groups. 

Hi @Former-Member@Determined@Shaz51 ... ohhhh super super SUPER EXCITED about this thread ... decluttering is something Ms S has talked about for years but we have never been able to achieve ... bring on 2019 ... !!!!

@Sophie1 we managed to declutter a lot when we moved house. We got rid of a lot (dump/ charity op shops/ church garage sale & family) and we still have boxes in the shed and my darling is still requesting (aka nagging) me to sort out my office desk.

We are now in a much bigger house, when I look st what we still have and think of what we unloaded I can't imagine where we put it all lol. 

it is amazing isn`t it @Determined, Heart

@Former-Member, @Sophie1 

well I have done another chair full of stuff , might be able to see all the chairs soon

'Onya @Shaz51

I have a bundle of magazines ready for donation. 

images (165).jpeg

@Sophie1

Love to hear of any decluttering achievements, no matter how small.

images (291).jpeg

Hello @Janiee , @Former-Member Love to hear of any decluttering achievements,xxx

Hello @Former-Member Smiley Very HappyHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance