Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

We had our Younger Son coming around today because he wanted to join in with putting up Chirstmas decs. I've been working on cleaning up around the stove, because our decorations are hung on a branch over the fireplace. So with that extra spur to action, I've got it substanitally clear. There's still room for improvement. but given there have been a few Christmases when I've only managed to clean up the space and hang decs a day or two before Christmas Day, I'm pretty pleased. 🙂 Removed a lot of rubbish and recycling in the process, and both bins have gone out tonight.

Fabbo @Smc,  ahead of other years = something to celebrate. 

Yeah @Former-Member, it's nice seeing the decorations looking all cheery.

We've got extra motivation this year- Younger Son's girlfriend is joining us Christmas Eve for dinner. Her first time here. I won't be able to have all the chaos sorted, but I said to our son that I want to actually get the house to where I've wanted it to be every Christmas. Not spotless, can't do that, but at least tidy enough that we have room to move and don't feel like there's clutter and disarray peering over our shoulders. Table cleared, stacks and plies tamed and reduced instead of boxfulls being stuffed out of the way into our bedroom before lunch... and having to come out again after everyone leaves so we can get in there to sleep!

Hope this isn't a "too close" question- how are you and your Mr. celebrating this year? I mean, a lot of us here know how hard it can be orgainsing celebrations when things are otherwise hard and sad.

At this stage it will be our usual quiet Christmas @Smc  If we hear of any other 'Christmas orphans' (others who are without family on the day) we will ask them to our place - at this stage we have one girlfriend who plans on coming. 

Procrastinating on painting the porch area, have had the paint for months. Think it is psychological, Mr D said when the job was done, he would be done too ☹️ so I haven't had the courage to finish the job.

Heart @Former-Member.
We'll have a couple of extras Christmas afternoon, for board games and "leftovers" dinner. Friends who usually spend Christmas with family in the U.S. Not happening this year, funny that. I did want to invite them to lunch but Older Daughter was uneasy about extras making the place crowded, and our friend is in the "inner circle" about what's going on with her, so she's understanding about it.

mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

images - 2020-12-10T183703.986.jpeg

Finally managed to dispatch an old chair to the dump today. Hqve been putting it off as I like it. It did need repairs. Sad to see it go but Santa is bringing me a new one so progress.

Darling was over the old one dropping bits so arranged the new one. 

After that was removed and we were on a cleaning frenzy I had a look at a speaker (used for musical instruments) that has not been working right and diagnosed the problem. It had been a.bit hard to get to but had it all pulled out for cleaning. Going to the shop on Monday for repairs. 

download (19).jpeg

Hello @Clawde 😁

Are you in need of any gentle encouragement in the declutterering or home maintenance department?

Your name reminds me of a friend who once had a cat named Clawde Monet.images - 2020-12-14T084036.064.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance