Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Carers under 30...

Hi everyone.
Im just wondering if theres any young carers on here?
Im 20 and would love to have people around this age bracket to talk to.

I love and respect my elders too though 💖

1,934 REPLIES 1,934

Re: Carers under 30...

Hi @Former-Member,

I wish I could think of some carers who are under 30 on here so I could try and connect you with them, but I none come to mind off the top of my head.

Will have a think about it! 

I hope someone else chimes in if they are under 30 or can think of another Forumnite that this age. 

Can I ask what type of carer are you (caring for a parent, child, partner)? Maybe that will also help with finding some members.

CherryBomb

Former-Member
Not applicable

Im happy to talk to older carers as well @CherryBomb just wanted to see and maybe talk to some younger forum members.
Lol am i the only one?
Im a carer for my pop. So aged care ❤

Lol, I don't think you are the only one. I know we have had some people caring for the grandparents or parents, but I just can't remember who they are. Smiley Sad

Former-Member
Not applicable

thats ok @CherryBomb 

if theres isnt younger carers that ok 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Former-Member

You might be able to link in with other young carers through young Carers NSW, heaps of good stuff, Facebook, think their own forum, recipes, counselling.

http://www.youngcarersnsw.org.au

You can tag me if you need an old chook to speak to ...

Darcy
Former-Member
Not applicable

their forums arent active @Former-Member and being on here is awesome

but if you dont mind..... how do you cope with all the responsibility of being a carer, how often do you try and take time out fo yourself and for how long (1 hour, the day?)

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

I work full time (from a home office) so time off is a bit of a luxury for me. Mr Darcy, my husband who I care for had a major crisis, when he came out of hospital 11 months ago he was on suicide watch and I did not get any respite and there were a lot of appointments which I needed to attend with him.

Former-Member
Not applicable

i care for my pop and i live with him so its also full time as well luckily he does have a good day once in a blue moon so wa sjsut curious if i should take an hours break on those days and just do something relaxing or something but then id feel guilty for going out.. @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member
Taking time out for me now can involve Mr Darcy, for example we are going out with friends tomorrow, taking some overseas visitors sight seeing. Other times I like to have coffee with friends without him. Only get to do this once a fortnight.

I am hoping to get back into the garden too, once the weather cools I can spend a good couple of hours weeding and this lifts me no end.

I think it all depends on circumstances and time available. As we live semirural I have been able to combine lunch at s cafe with friends when we go to town for appointments too.

Darcy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance