Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

kristin
Senior Contributor

SANE on the airwaves

Dear all,

Just thought you'd like to know that I've done a number of interviews today with ABC regional radio around the country. These were following on from a SANE press release about the availability of the forums via mobile phone app, and focussed on trying to connect rural and regional Aussies with MI. A couple of them also interviewed Jack Heath, SANE's CEO after me so I didn't get to hear what he said either.

Hopefully they have come over ok, I've found it very hard not knowing in advance what or how many questions they are going to ask me. So if anyone has heard any of them I'd really appreciate some feedback (good, bad or indifferent) from you as to how they come across. I was thinking of you guys @Loopy when I did Tassie, @kenny66 when I did Qld; and @Rick when I did SA just now. I really wanted to be able to say hello, and to affirm @Rick 's sign-off - that even in the darkness -

hope endures...

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

PS NSW is tomorrow, and Vic I'll let you know if it happens. I don't know if there have been any enquiries from WA.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: SANE on the airwaves

Calling all moderators.. Can someone please post a link to one of the interviews.. I reckon a few of us would love to listen to the interview with Kristin!!!

Hi @Alessandra1992 

I've had a look for them online, but I can't find it yet. Smiley Sad

Will keep on looking, if anyone finds them, please post!

Hi Sandy,

@Alessandra1992 

Saw the message this morning on the digest and so asked about it. Most of them are short transcripts and often either don't mention me or what I say. However this * is a longer one from this afternoon so I hope it worked ok. I haven't listened yet. I do know I got sidetracked a bit at least once - oh well. There's another one tomorrow night on ABC's 774 (Vic) digital radio at 8pm for those who can access it.

Let me know what you think! Happy to have anything you think is important mentioned in tomorrow's (if I'm able).

Kind regards, 

Kristin

PS Poor @CherryBomb she went from growling at me for posting about it because she was worried about anonymity, to being growled at by me because I had that covered before I did them (no surname), to being asked to find links to them so you can hear! Not an easy night Cherry, but doing a sterling job trying to cover the bases! 

*Hopefully accessible, the first link I was given was via the SANE Facebook page (interivew link at the top), and guess what we can't have that here either! LOL

That was a great interview @kristin! Big thumbs up and explained you explained the forums really well.
Congratulations! Lovely to hear a voice behind the name 🙂

Thanks so much Sandy! I just finished listening to it now. It sounded better than I expected, except for all the ums! Out of practice :). And more importantly I didn't end up as much off topic as I expected. Most of the other interviews weren't nearly so long. This afternoon's my bit was sandwiched between them starting and finishing with Jack. I will post that link and tomorrow's if & when I get them - apparently not all are available on line.

Kind regards,

Kristin

PS The link I posted is actually from the day before yesterday (11/3) now. I did so many on Wednesday I got totally muddled. So hopefully I will get a link for yesterdays soon, and the one tomorrow night on Monday. These are slightly longer interviews. I'll try to mind my ums tonight! Woman LOL

The very first interview I did I had to sit in the carpark at my psych's to do because there's no mobile reception in the building, I even had to wander about the carpark to find a spot where I had 3 bars rather than 2 (and this in outer suburban Melbourne!).

Cheers, K

The radio interviews about this site is what brought me here. So thank you. 🙂

Wha...not W.A?

Have you found them @CherryBomb?? Really want to hear them
:0)
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance