Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Mobile version of the Forums

Hi everyone!

For those who haven't seen it, the Forums now have a mobile version!

Simply use the saneforums.org URL and land directly in the Forums.

Is anyone using the mobile site? Are you finding it easy to use?

Let us know what you think!

Nik

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Mobile version of the Forums

hi @NikNik 

i use mobile site and computer, the mobile site is good, easy to navigate, except unlike computer you can't seem to see your own profile... maybe i am doing something not right, i actually like the mobile site, because it shows new comments for posts, instead of clicking through like on computer

I mostly have only accessed forums on my phone. The @feature doesn't work still, and potentially may never work on my phone. Still browse the forums pretty easily..also, sometimes I see in a post that I have been @ but I had no way of knowing that I have been @.. So I am all @ sea!

Hmm it's annoying that the @mention isn't working.
What I have noticed though is the @mentions that don't work for you is the ones that don't have a space between the @mention and punctuation. So you might put @mention, with a comma right after it.

It's annoying the prompts don't work though 😞

@NikNik I have never seen a drop down prompt for names yet 🙂 so I don't know if my mentions ever work as I always have to cross my fingers..

When i use my mobile, their is no drop down box, but i have found if you put the @ and then write the name of the person and then space before a comma or anything it works, i find it easier to put @(enter forum user name) and then i press enter and start writing from underneath it and it works everytime

It's something that helps me when i write on mobile

You did it then 🙂

On your mobile can you see that my name is in blue and is underlined in the message you just posted?

The annoying thing is you will only know once you post the message if it has worked. It is usually reliable if there's nothing attached to the @mention 

Hi all,

We're in the process of creating a media release about the new (not so new) mobile version of SANE Forums. We are focusing on why accessing the forums on mobile is so important.

If anyone would like to contibute their thoughts to go into the media release, you're more than welcome! You will remain anonymous 🙂

Just drop me an email at team@saneforums.org

🙂

Why mobile? It's a community in your pocket!

So whilst many folks may not have laptops, iPads, desktops and other tech gear, many people have mobiles..

You can travel and stay in touch if you want to..it's about offering flexible access to as many people as possible and allows privacy as you can tap onto the forums when convenient for you!!

Hi Alessandra - do you mind if we use that quote?
It won't have your name attached to it. Anonymity is important to us!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance