Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

kristin
Senior Contributor

MH condition info on SANE's website

Hi @NikNik

I just looked to see if there's a definition of complex PTSD on the website. There doesn't seem to be - at least no results when I search under complex PSTD or C PTSD, the full spelling is too big to fit the search box. 

I think this is a big oversight. Can it be fixed please? One of the reasons it arose as a definition/diagnosis is that the PTSD diagnosis is predicated on an assumption that the trauma was a discrete event, not ongoing or repeated.

Many thanks.

Kind regards, 

Kristin

6 REPLIES 6

Re: MH condition info on SANE's website

Hi @kristin,

I'm on this weekend so I thought I'd respond.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to change to other parts of the website outside of the Forums, but it is currently under reconstruction. So I will pass this on to have it looked as I imagine that there will be a bit of new content added to newer version of the site.

CB

Thx CB!

Hi @kristin

Just to clarify, were you saying you were unable to find information on PTSD full stop, or specifically Complex PTSD?

I was able to find the fact sheet on PTSD , but you are correct, there doesn't seem to be information specifically on PTSD.

Thanks for the feedback - it's good to know the barriers for people finding information on our site. Ditto to what CherryBomb said re: passing on feedback for our redeveloped site.

Thanks 🙂

Nik

Hi @NikNik

Yes I found the PTSD fact sheet. It is ok of itself but: in terms of complex PTSD it is very minimising - quite frankly about as much so as reading about a common cold when you have influenza. I suggest that SANE needs to add a complex PTSD fact sheet with a link to the PTSD one.

I hope this makes sense now.

Kind regards,

Kristin

Thanks Kristin,

Excitingly, we will have more content developed on an ongoing basis with the new website. We will also be doing a content audit as part of the redevelopment process, so this feedback is really helpful.

Thanks

Nik

Hi @kristin

Just letting you know that I followed this up with our director of communications, who has said that the anxiety/ptsd areas are on their radar for the next round revisions, which should take place in the next couple of months. Smiley Happy

CB

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance