Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Phoenix_Rising
Senior Contributor

Copying from a word doc.

Hi,

When I write a lengthy post, I prefer to write it in a word document and then copy and paste it into the forum to avoid losing it part-way through for some reason. However, I get a warning that there is invalid HTML code in the post. It tells me that the invalid HTML has been removed and that I should check I'm happy with the message before posting it. My computer and I play this game a few times with the computer repeatedly giving me this message, and then it eventually posts it for me. Is there something I can do to appease the computer gods so that they more readily accept my offering from Word into the Forum???

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Copying from a word doc.

Hi @Phoenix_Rising, do you have a simpler word program on your computer like Notepad or Wordpad or some Mac equivalent to those? I use Notepad all the time for the kind of thing you are describing. Word carries a lot more unwanted code in it for this use. Notepad (or its alternatives) is a 'text-only' program which the forums will like better. Hope this might be of some help. 

Re: Copying from a word doc.

Thank you @Mazarita, I'm pretty sure I do have one of those programs on my computer. I've never used them because I could never understand why I would want to use a simpler program when you can do so much cool stuff in Word. Now I know. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance