Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Forum bugs, specific and general

But I don't know if it is working as I don't see it working at my end at all!
I take a giant leap of faith as I also have never received any indication that anyone has tried to hyperlink me.
So glad @NikNik it is working but nothing shows at my end.no drop down, no hyperlink..diddly squat..so plainly not working on safari or chrome..
Is very annoying as iPad doesn't like me trying to use any other browser but on phone, strongly recommended to use chrome..

Okay - I'm giving this a go on my ipad 🙂 @Alessandra1992 I see what you mean... No drop down etc... It's only after you hit 'post' that you can see if it actually works (the username turns blue)

Hi again 🙂

I have sent a follow up email to IT to see what the situation is with mobile & ipad capabilities re: @mention function. 

We are redesigning the mobile version, so I'm checking in to see if it be activated in this new version.

I will keep you updated. (& @Alessandra1992 , please follow me up if I don't have an update by late next week)

Nik

@Alessandra1992 I'll log your vanished post with IT tonight. Apologies for the delay, just needed to make sure that I understood what happened before I could pass it on to IT. Hopefully we'll be able to find it. 

Thanks CherryBomb..if I am honest I still gave no luck with @ at all! I am not notified when you @ me, and I have no clue if my @ are working when I mention other people.
What would be helpful is if the banned words were listed somewhere..easier to avoid if we know what words we are supposed to..and sortimg out why @ doesn't work on chrome on mobile or iPad or laptop.
I think a fair few people might use Google Chrome...
Here endeth my wish list.. Have a great weekend 🙂

Thanks for that Sandy. 

I have jotted it all down and will let IT know. There's a few things to work through, but they're getting there. But keep on letting us know about any issues, otherwise we can keep on truckin' along without any idea. 

Awareness is the key - even for IT bugs! Robot wink

Hi all,

I have an update about @mentions 

@mentions do work on ipad and smartphones - however, the drop down option doesn't ... drop down. Unfortunately this is out of our control. Just to try and give you some context - we use a forum platform created by a company. There are customizations that we have made to the forum platform, so a lot of the bugs we can fix. However, this issue is with the company that offers this forum. I have logged this issue and the feedback I have at the moment is that it's not a priority to change. 😞

So here are some quick tips for those using mobile or tablets;

- make sure there are no characters attached to your @mention . For example - no commas, full stops etc. The system interprets this as part of the member's name you're trying to tag. 

- ensure correct spelling of the member's name. This can be tricky, however, you can utilize your 'copy' & 'paste' tools for those trickier names.

Sandy - to get notified that you've been @mentioned, go to your profile, then head to 'Edit My Settings'. One of the tabs across the top should say 'subscriptions & notifications'. Then a new tab at the top will appear called 'notifcation settings'. Scroll down & you will see an option to choose how frequently you want to receive notifications, specifically the @mention notification 

Let me know how you go.

Thanks @NikNik
I will get onto that but just wondering what is the he preferred browser as I have never seen a drop down menu on my laptop either!

You use chrome, right? Is that on a pc or mac?

Can you try something - can you start an @mention - use my name for example.. and when you get to the third letter (eg: @nik) and just wait about 1-2 mins. It takes a few moments for the drop down to appear. It shouldn't take 1-2 mins, but at least we can rule that out if you give it a  go.

Let me know how you go.

I use a laptop with windows, will give it a whirl tomorrow..
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance